Locating the cheapest insurance for your Acura RLX in Colorado could be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Acura and find the lowest price.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest rates on Acura RLX insurance in Denver a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the best methods to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Finding and comparing the lowest cost protection in Denver is quite easy. If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Smart buyers only need to know the most efficient way to get comparison rates from many different companies.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Some providers don’t always list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are just wasting money.
- Good Student – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Denver car insurance quote when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to look at driving manner by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small discount on rates.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Denver car insurance quote.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, good student, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and seat belt use.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include safety features, good student, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, multi-car, teen driver discount, and new vehicle discount.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, good student
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply in Denver.
The majority of larger companies allow you to get insurance quotes on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Acura RLX insurance in Denver is very simple as all you need to do is type in your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, the quote system sends out for your credit score and driving record and quotes a price.
Being able to quote online for Acura RLX insurance in Denver streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find lower-cost prices.
To get comparison pricing now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy your coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will get a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Denver, CO. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Acura RLX Insurance Premium Factors
Many things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
Safety first – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Marriage discount – Having a spouse helps lower the price on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Urban residents pay more – Having an address in a small town is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer people means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People who live in big cities regularly have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
Save mileage and save money – The more you drive each year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet properly reflects annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your RLX is just wasting money.
Cheaper rates by consolidating – Most companies give lower prices to customers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still find lower rates by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Cut premiums and deter theft – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
File policy claims and pay more – Insurance companies in Colorado award the lowest premiums to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
Acura RLX claim statistics – Companies use statistical claims data to help calculate premium prices. Models that are shown to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Acura RLX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Acura RLX Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rates but work with a local Denver insurance agent
Many people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local agencies is especially important in Denver.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, there are two types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents in Denver can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can handle auto insurance, but it’s important to know how they are different since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different auto insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to check rates from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Denver that can possibly get you price quote information.
- FUSA Insurance Agency
7900 E Union Ave #200 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 752-5806 – View Map
- Longevity Insurance Brokers
100 Fillmore St – Denver, CO 80206 – (720) 209-4598 – View Map
- American Home Insurance Agency
7505 E Harvard Ave – Denver, CO 80231 – (888) 325-8108 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Denver that can give you comparison quotes.
- Bao Ngoc Nguyen – State Farm Insurance Agent
1699 S Federal Blvd b – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 975-1100 – View Map
- Rick Emerson Jr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
4800 Happy Canyon Rd #230 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 781-1133 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Denise Hoffman
535 16th St #350 – Denver, CO 80202 – (303) 628-0554 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- How many companies do they write for?
Choosing the best RLX insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Denver, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your RLX with a loan, most lenders will force you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Acura and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Acura as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $700 annually so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Do the work, save more money
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Acura RLX insurance in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Denver car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Budget-conscious Acura RLX insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many Denver insurance agents, so you need to quote Denver car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)