Want to know how to find lower-priced Acura TLX insurance in Denver? Pricey insurance in Denver can empty your family’s budget and make it tough to pay other bills. Doing a rate analysis can lower your rates and help to tighten up your finances.
Shockingly, 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,800, drivers could pocket as much as 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they switched.
Since you have so many insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for an Acura TLX in Denver, it can be diffult for drivers to choose the lowest cost insurance company.
You should make it a habit to quote other rates occasionally because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best deal on Acura TLX insurance in Denver last year you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to find out the quickest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from many different Colorado insurance companies. The quickest method to compare Acura TLX insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Comparing price quotes online is fast and free, and it replaces the need to drive around to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Some companies do allow you to price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates. Not every company provides Denver TLX insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s necessary to compare rates from them, too.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura TLX in Denver, buying auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, auto insurance protects both your Acura TLX and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart Consumers Know How to Quote Car Insurance at a Discount
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your premiums.
Performance impacts insurance costs – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Since the Acura TLX is a luxury sedan, rates will be more compared to average rates in Denver. The lowest performance passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Youthful drivers pay high premiums – Young drivers in Colorado are proven to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Adding a teen driver onto your car insurance can break the bank. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.
Inexpensive frequent claims are not good – Insurance companies in Colorado provide the best rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Discounts for multiple policies – Some insurance companies will award better rates to customers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to compare other Denver TLX insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still find lower rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Extra policy coverages that may not be needed – There are many additional extra coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. The coverages may be enticing initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Responsible drivers pay the best prices – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
Acura TLX insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Acura TLX vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Acura TLX Vehicles
|Specific Acura Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura TLX 4dr 2WD||90||75||97||93||74||77|
|Acura TLX 4dr 4WD||120||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t neglect these discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Early Signing – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current TLX insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids living away from Denver attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better prices.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, multiple autos, good student, good driver, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Nationwide includes discounts for good student, defensive driving, business or organization, multi-policy, anti-theft, and easy pay.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, military active duty, daytime running lights, defensive driver, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA discounts include multi-policy, anti-theft, education and occupation, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good driver, and good student.
- 21st Century has savings for homeowners, air bags, theft prevention, 55 and older, student driver, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, driver training, and anti-theft.
If you want affordable Acura TLX insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. Savings might not apply in your state. To see a list of companies with significant discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
A small number of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you may find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Denver who will return price quotes for your business. There is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Different types of Denver car insurance agents
When finding a local Denver insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Denver who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you need to get rate quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
The following are independent agents in Denver who can help you get rate quotes.
Shop around and save
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured dropped full coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Cost effective Acura TLX insurance is possible from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and many times these smaller providers work with independent agencies.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at these sites:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Denver? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)