Searching for the cheapest insurance for your BMW 325i in Colorado can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used BMW and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and Denver agents.
Inconceivable but true, most insurance buyers in Colorado kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save an average of roughly 46.5% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
It’s smart to do rate comparisons before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best rates on BMW 325i insurance in Denver a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to quote online to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Lowering your BMW 325i auto insurance rates can be quick and easy. Consumers just need to invest a little time comparing price quotes to see which company has cheaper Denver auto insurance quotes.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper BMW 325i insurance in Denver with discounts
Some providers don’t always list every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Denver auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Denver auto insurance with some insurance companies.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total 325i insurance premium.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may qualify for reduced rates.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization could trigger savings when getting a Denver auto insurance quote.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as opposed to bad drivers.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less can qualify you for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, good student, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, accident-free, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include 55 and retired, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, driver training, renewal discount, youthful driver, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, multi-car, and drive less.
When quoting, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To find insurance companies with the best discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the potentially high cost of BMW 325i insurance, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your BMW, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your BMW at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves your BMW 325i and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your BMW as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying adequate coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions can help discover if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my BMW 325i is totaled?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- What happens if I owe more than my BMW 325i is worth?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Colorado?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance agents can help
Some consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Denver who will give you bids to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to your email. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Denver should have no problem answering these questions:
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Colorado?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
When narrowing the list to find a local Denver insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand how they are different because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Denver exclusive insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Jack Sunahara – State Farm Insurance Agent
3525 S Tamarac Dr #160 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 779-4848 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Matthew Ditzenberger
1485 S Colorado Blvd #300c – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 756-8038 – View Map
- Don Middleton – State Farm Insurance Agent
1900 Wazee St #1538 – Denver, CO 80202 – (303) 595-5500 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they can write business with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to contact several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Most also write with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Denver that can give you comparison quotes.
- Premier Group Insurance
1777 W 38th Ave #102 – Denver, CO 80211 – (303) 477-0505 – View Map
- Mile High Insurance Agency
4704 Harlan St #360 – Denver, CO 80212 – (303) 237-5445 – View Map
- Westwood Insurance
57 W Alameda Ave – Denver, CO 80223 – (303) 722-2841 – View Map