Looking for cheaper car insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver drivers have options when trying to find the best price on Chevy HHR insurance. They can either waste time driving around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online and you need to know the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used Chevy and get the best price possible.
It’s a good habit to do price comparisons periodically because rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on Chevy HHR insurance in Denver two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to buy cheaper Chevy HHR insurance in Denver.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Chevy HHR Insurance Premiums?
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that help determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get cheaper rates. Many factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The items below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Cheaper prices using theft deterrents – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Annual mileage impacts rates – The higher the miles on your Chevy annually the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your car insurance coverage shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. An improperly rated HHR is just wasting money.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Always have car insurance – Going without insurance can be a guaranteed way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Finding a lower price on insurance is not rocket science. You just have to invest a little time to get quotes to find the company with inexpensive Denver auto insurance quotes.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change premiums substantially.
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Chevrolet HHR insurance rates for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why you need insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Denver, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Chevy HHR has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Colorado is overpaying over $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Chevy HHR insurance discounts in Denver
Some companies don’t always publicize every discount available very well, so below is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring multiple cars on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Online Discount – Certain insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on the internet.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO includes discounts for homeowner, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driver, good driver, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, good student, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
A lot of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local. And buying from small agencies is still important in Denver.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Denver that can give you free Denver auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Denver for you
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they operate. Car insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you get several quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that can possibly get you rate quotes.
- Moschetti Michael – Isu Insurance Svc Of Co
950 17th St #1000 – Denver, CO 80202 – (303) 534-2133 – View Map
- Affordable American Insurance-Lloyd Nguyen Agency
1834 S Sheridan Blvd – Denver, CO 80232 – (303) 936-7233 – View Map
- Henry Ham Agency, Inc
645 E Evans Ave – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 744-1341 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. They are well schooled on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Denver who can help you get rate quotes.
- Val Laskowski – State Farm Insurance Agent
5353 W Dartmouth Ave #410 – Denver, CO 80227 – (303) 987-8849 – View Map
- Joe Adams – State Farm Insurance Agent
4110 8th Ave – Denver, CO 80220 – (303) 388-4949 – View Map
- Austin Domsch – State Farm Insurance Agent
400 S Colorado Blvd #890 – Denver, CO 80246 – (303) 321-0895 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Denver, get answers to these questions.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Denver?
- How often do they review coverages?
Cheap car insurance rates are possible
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced Chevy HHR insurance in Denver is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Denver agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
You just learned many ways to compare Chevy HHR insurance rates in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Chevrolet HHR rate quotes. You may even discover the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Denver? (FAQ)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)