Are you looking for a better way to compare the cheapest Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Denver? Finding better insurance prices for a Toyota Prius Prime in Colorado can be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to get price quotes for your Toyota and obtain the best price possible.
It’s shocking but a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,813, drivers could save as much as 35% every year, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It’s a good habit to do rate comparisons before your policy renews since rates change frequently. If you had the best premium rates on Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Denver a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. There is lot of inaccurate information about Prius Prime insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you some proven techniques to stop overpaying for insurance in Denver.
Affordable auto insurance in Denver, CO
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Six Things That Determine Your Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more transparent like where you live or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
Lower deductibles cost more – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Your vocation may affect rates – Jobs such as doctors, business owners and medical professionals are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. Other jobs like professors, engineers and retirees get better rates.
Incidental coverages can add up – There are quite a few additional coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and membership fees are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Poor driving means higher costs – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than bad drivers. Getting just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers who have flagrant violations like DUI or willful reckless driving are required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Car features that cut auto insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent auto theft.
Protect yourself with liability – Liability coverage will provide protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Don’t overlook these Toyota Prius Prime insurance discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there may be some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but a few must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driving techniques can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best auto insurance rates when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers could receive better auto insurance rates.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable companies to track driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will definitely lower the cost of your policy.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safe driver, homeowner, teen safety rewards, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- American Family offers discounts including early bird, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, good student, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, air bags, and federal employee.
- The Hartford discounts include vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, air bag, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see companies who offer cheap Toyota Prius Prime insurance quotes in Denver, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Denver insurance agency
Some people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Denver who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Denver will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Denver?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
If you’re trying to find a good Denver insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies from which to choose. Denver agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can provide insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference between them since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Denver that are able to give rate quotes.
- Joe Adams – State Farm Insurance Agent
4110 8th Ave – Denver, CO 80220 – (303) 388-4949 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Abbie Davis Tanner Agency Inc
2855 Speer Blvd Suite D – Denver, CO 80211 – (303) 333-0205 – View Map
- Tiffany Meidinger – State Farm Insurance Agent
1100 Acoma St – Denver, CO 80204 – (720) 508-8760 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to include several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which may have better rates.
The following are Denver independent agents that can give you price quote information.
- Longevity Insurance Brokers
100 Fillmore St – Denver, CO 80206 – (720) 209-4598 – View Map
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
44 Cook St #100 – Denver, CO 80206 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
- Alliance General Insurance Agency
2696 CO-2 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 377-1172 – View Map
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Consumers in Colorado can’t get away from ads for insurance savings from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to make an identical promise that you can save if you move your coverage to them.
How is it plausible that every one can save you money on Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Denver? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies look for specific characteristics for the type of customer that is profitable for them. One example of a profitable insured might be over the age of 40, has no claims, and insures a new vehicle. Any person that fits those parameters may get the lowest premium rates in Denver and will also cut their Toyota Prius Prime insurance rates if they switch.
People who fall outside this stringent profile will have to pay a higher rate and ends up with the prospect going elsewhere. The ads say “customers that switch” not “all people who quote” save the amount stated. This is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings. Because of these techniques, drivers should quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to guess which company will provide you with the cheapest Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Denver.
Persistence will pay off
There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents. Cheaper car insurance in Denver can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests or poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company is actually quite simple.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Toyota Prius Prime insurance premium rates in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Toyota Prius Prime rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much are Denver Car Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Felons in Denver? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)