How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for cheaper Audi Q3 insurance in Denver? I really doubt anyone anticipates paying for insurance, especially when they are aware that they could get a better deal.
It’s amazing but a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,810, drivers could pocket almost $610 a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company. Due to the large number of companies and agents to choose from, it can be challenging to locate a lower cost company.
Audi Q3 insurance discounts in Denver
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Denver and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Q3 insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Multiple Cars – Having more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Sign Online – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive get Denver auto insurance digitally online.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, multi-car, homeowner, bundle discounts, anti-theft, teen safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- American Family may have discounts that include mySafetyValet, accident-free, good student, bundled insurance, and good driver.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, good student, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, vehicle fuel type, driver training, anti-theft, and good student.
If you want low cost Denver auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Denver. To see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Denver, click here.
How to get Denver Audi Q3 insurance rate quotes
Cutting your Denver car insurance rates is not rocket science. You just need to take the time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it takes the place of having to spend your day driving to local Denver insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the professional assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get the lowest quotes online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
How Your Q3 Insurance Premiums are Determined
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
Raise coverage deductibles and save – Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Compare rates if you consolidate your policies – The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare Audi Q3 rates in Denver to guarantee you are still saving the most. Consumers may save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Do you have enough liability? – Liability insurance is the protection when you are found to be at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that you can buy on your Q3 policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Higher rates for specific jobs – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like doctors, executives and stock brokers generally have higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress levels and long work hours. Conversely, jobs like professors, athletes and homemakers get better rates.
Audi Q3 insurance claim data – Insurance companies use claims history when setting premium prices. Models that the statistics show to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi Q3 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi Q3 Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi Q3 4WD||116||69||94|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there is no best way to insure your cars. You are unique and your car insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my Audi Q3 covered if I use it for business?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Audi Q3?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
What if I want to buy from local Denver insurance agencies?
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important especially in Denver.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Denver who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can handle auto insurance, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are Denver independent agencies that may be able to give free auto insurance quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Denver who can help you get comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Abbie Davis Tanner Agency Inc
2855 Speer Blvd Suite D – Denver, CO 80211 – (303) 333-0205 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Why you need insurance for your Audi vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi Q3 in Denver, buying car insurance serves several important purposes.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lien holder, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your Audi but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying over $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart shoppers get results
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Affordable Audi Q3 insurance in Denver can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Denver Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)