Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Fiat 500 in Colorado could be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks and make it easy. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Fiat and obtain the lowest price.
It’s a good habit to do price comparisons before your next renewal because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best price on Fiat 500 insurance in Denver at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. There is a lot of bad information regarding 500 insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you the best ways to lower your insurance premiums.
How to compare free Denver Fiat 500 insurance quotes
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though Denver 500 insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, almost all lenders will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Fiat at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your Fiat 500 and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Fiat gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $810 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
These discounts can slash Fiat 500 insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current 500 insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Denver auto insurance online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow their company to scrutinize where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on 500 insurance in Denver.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles may allow you to get lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
To view auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Denver, click here.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Denver auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Denver should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference between them since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people buy from the same agent for years partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Denver who may provide you with price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Paul Novak
3900 E Mexico Ave # 105 – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 320-7859 – View Map
- Hiram Licea – State Farm Insurance Agent
3600 Morrison Rd – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 935-7475 – View Map
- Bob Chapman – State Farm Insurance Agent
2335 E Evans Ave – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 777-3005 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, you need to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Denver who can help you get rate quotes.
- L A Insurance
2684 S Broadway – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 282-8000 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lloyd Pro Group Agency
1400 S Columbine St – Denver, CO 80210 – (970) 230-3020 – View Map
- Madison Insurance Group
600 S Cherry St #900 – Denver, CO 80246 – (800) 636-6185 – View Map
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Fiat 500 is totaled?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
You can find cheaper coverage
We covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Fiat 500 insurance in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best prices are with a small local company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
When shopping online for car insurance, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an accident victim reduced full coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Other learning opportunities
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)