Think you have overpriced auto insurance? Trust us when we tell you there are many Lakewood consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Lakewood could save themselves as much as 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to compare rate quotes. Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have insurance now or just want to save money, you can learn to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Lakewood is much easier if you have a good place to start. You only need to know the quickest method to shop over the internet.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Active Military Service - Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver's Ed - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Lakewood car insurance quotes online.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Lakewood car insurance.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren't that generous.
For a list of insurers with discount rates in Lakewood, click here.
All the larger insurance companies give prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting insurance prices online is pretty painless as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the system orders information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price. Getting online quotes makes it simple to compare prices and it's necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the cheapest price.
To find out what other companies charge, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will have a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Lakewood, CO. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$1,208||$604||$101|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$1,270||$635||$106|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$1,028||$514||$86|
|Ford Edge Sport AWD||$1,474||$737||$123|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,154||$577||$96|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,296||$648||$108|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,060||$530||$88|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,172||$586||$98|
|Honda Odyssey LX||$1,002||$501||$84|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$1,106||$553||$92|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,474||$737||$123|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,646||$823||$137|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,106||$553||$92|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,164||$582||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in Lakewood location which can affect coverage prices noticeably.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can drive up Ford Focus annual premium costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Yearly car insurance costs for men versus women
The example below shows the comparison of premium costs for male and female drivers in Centennial. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Hyundai Sonata SE.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Buying car insurance from Lakewood insurance agencies
Some consumers still like to have an agent's advice and that is a smart decision Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that provide free Lakewood car insurance quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Lakewood?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
If you are wanting to find local Lakewood agents, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it's important to point out how they differ since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Lakewood who may provide you with comparison quotes.
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
When searching for an agent, you should always contact a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are independent agencies in Lakewood that are able to give price quotes.
One last thing to lower rates
As you shop your coverage around, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We covered a lot of techniques to shop for auto insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Lakewood car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
More affordable auto insurance in Lakewood is possible on the web in addition to many Lakewood insurance agents, so you need to quote Lakewood car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don't offer internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for College Students in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Felons in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)