Are you looking for lower-priced Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in Denver? Wish you could get a refund on an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? It’s quite common and there are lots of people in the same boat.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Most drivers in Colorado could pocket as much as 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Since you have so many choices for buying cheaper insurance for a Cadillac Escalade EXT in Denver, it can be impossible to find the lowest cost company.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Denver is quite easy. Virtually everyone who has to buy insurance most likely will find a lower-cost company. Nevertheless, Colorado drivers must learn how the larger insurance companies calculate your insurance rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
The Cadillac Escalade EXT Insurance Price Equation
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that are used to determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower premium levels. Many factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The items below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
Safety first – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Safer cars reduce injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy.
Liability coverage risk factors in – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Prices can change based on your address – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims Urban drivers have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times means more chance of being in an accident.
Avoid tickets and save – How you drive impacts premiums far more than you think. Just one citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten dangerous citations like DUI or reckless driving are required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Never let your car insurance policy expire – Driving any period of time without insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Vehicle features that lower prices – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
To find the cheapest Cadillac Escalade EXT rate quotes, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from companies that offer insurance in Colorado. The simplest method to find the cheapest insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it obsolete to drive around to local Denver insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless your situation requires the personal advice only provided by licensed Denver agents. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent. When quoting insurance, remember that comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate.
The following companies offer price quotes in Denver, CO. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade EXT 4WD||$522||$838||$460||$28||$138||$1,986||$166|
|Escalade EXT Luxury Edition 4WD||$458||$838||$352||$20||$106||$1,774||$148|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can alter premiums substantially.
Physical damage deductibles
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Cadillac Escalade EXT yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below illustrates the difference between Cadillac Escalade EXT car insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Colorado minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no exact rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Cadillac Escalade EXT replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Even though Denver Escalade EXT insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Escalade EXT, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Cadillac at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Cadillac but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Cadillac as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the below list has some of the more common as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Denver car insurance online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn cheaper rates.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and home policies with one insurance company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. But any discount will lower your policy premium.
The best auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, air bags, daytime running lights, seat belt use, military active duty, anti-theft, and good student.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, drive less, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and homeowner.
- State Farm has savings for good student, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, passive restraint, accident-free, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good student, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts for driver training, defensive driver, good student, theft prevention, and 55 and older.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
If you want affordable Denver car insurance quotes, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Denver. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Denver, follow this link.
Compare prices but buy from a local Denver insurance agency
Some people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can get cheaper insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Denver for you
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agents in Denver are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Denver exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Caramel Russell-Rouse – State Farm Insurance Agent
999 S Monaco Pkwy #200 – Denver, CO 80224 – (303) 424-0420 – View Map
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you contact multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following are Denver independent agents willing to provide price quotes.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
When getting Denver car insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance car insurance rates in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Denver car insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
A few companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers work with local independent agencies. Cheaper insurance in Denver is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Denver agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional insurance information is available below:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Denver? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)