Want to learn how to save money and find more affordable Ford Focus insurance in Denver? Nobody enjoys paying for car insurance, especially knowing the cost is too high.
Shockingly, nearly 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,800, Colorado drivers can cut their rates by up to 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't understand how simple it is to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
Numerous insurers battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and get the definite lowest price on Ford Focus insurance in Denver.
It's a good idea to take a look at other company's rates once or twice a year because car insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best deal on Ford Focus insurance in Denver at your last renewal you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the fastest and easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the following tips. Buying affordable car insurance in Denver is much easier if you know where to start. Nevertheless, Colorado car owners must comprehend how the larger insurance companies set your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes helps improve the odds of finding the best rates.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$424||$426||$26||$128||$1,192||$99|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$230||$448||$358||$22||$108||$1,166||$97|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$240||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,324||$110|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$132||$312||$362||$22||$108||$936||$78|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$212||$458||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$234||$528||$416||$24||$124||$1,326||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can affect premium rates greatly.
Gender-based car insurance premiums
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford Focus auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Get affordable rates on Ford Focus insurance in Denver with these insurance discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there's a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company you may earn up to 20% and get you the cheapest Ford Focus insurance in Denver.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Onboard Data Collection - Policyholders that allow data collection to track driving manner by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Military Rewards - Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Buy New and Save - Putting insurance coverage on a new Focus can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Distant Student Discount - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Denver without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way.
If you would like to see a list of providers who offer discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
Many things are used when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not as apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
- How much liability coverage do you need? - Your policy's liability coverage kicks in if ever a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Big cities have higher prices - Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People who live in big cities have to deal with more auto accidents and more severe claims. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Eliminate unneeded extra policy coverages - There are quite a few additional coverages you can purchase if you aren't diligent. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- Too many insurance claims and you'll pay more - If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Colorado provide the lowest premiums to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Fewer miles means better premiums - The higher the mileage driven annually the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Focus can cost quite a bit.
- Avoid tickets and save - A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one citation can increase rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers with dangerous violations such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Car insurance lapses raise prices - Not having insurance can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage will get you fines and jail time.
- Bad credit will cost you - Your credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit. If your credit score could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Ford Focus by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Ford Focus claim data - Companies factor in historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Ford Focus vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Ford Focus Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Focus 106 98 90 103 109 111 Ford Focus Electric 87 85 66
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but still have a neighborhood Denver auto insurance agent
A lot of people would rather have an agent's advice and that is just fine! One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Denver.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Denver who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Denver insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agencies are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparison shopping, you need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Denver who may provide free car insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Denver that are able to give comparison quotes.
Tammy Hill - State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 Tower Rd Unit 101 - Denver, CO 80249 - (303) 373-9500 - View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
A conclusion for your insurance search
When you buy Denver car insurance online, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-friendly insurance in Denver can be bought on the web and from local agencies, so you need to quote Denver car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and these small insurance companies sell through local independent agencies.
You just learned a lot of ways to find cheap Ford Focus insurance in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Denver car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- How Much is Car Insurance for College Students in Denver? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)