Do you need a better way to compare cheaper Jeep Cherokee insurance in Denver? Trying to find cheaper insurance for a Jeep Cherokee in Colorado could be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for your Jeep and obtain the lowest possible price from Denver insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a good habit to check auto insurance prices periodically since prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best quotes on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Denver at your last renewal you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the quickest way to save on auto insurance.
The quickest way to compare rates for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Denver utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information like how much coverage you want, the ages of drivers, if the car is leased, and which vehicles you own. That rating information is instantly submitted to multiple top-rated companies and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To find the cheapest Jeep Cherokee insurance rates, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Denver.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Jeep Cherokee, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Jeep at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Cherokee more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Why you might not save $381 a year
Consumers in Colorado get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings for switching from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads advertise claims about savings if you switch your insurance policy to them.
How can each company save you money on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Denver? It’s all in the wording.
Many companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. An example of this type of insured should be a mature driver, has a clear driving record, and drives a safe vehicle. A propective insured who matches that profile will probably get cheap car insurance rates and most likely will save some money.
People who do not match the requirements may be required to pay a higher rate which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick is to say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s the way companies can truthfully make those claims.
Because of this risk profiling, you really should do a rate comparison at every renewal. Because you cannot predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Save a ton on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Denver with these seven discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Paperwork-free – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up on your computer.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Organization Discounts – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles could qualify for slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-policy, 55 and retired, good student, safe driver, and youthful driver.
- MetLife may include discounts for claim-free, accident-free, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, good driver, good student, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- American Family offers discounts for defensive driver, early bird, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, good driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, federal employee, daytime running lights, defensive driver, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, driver’s education, good student, and accident-free.
If you want affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Denver, click here to view.
Can’t I compare prices from local Denver insurance agents?
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Denver.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer because prices are sent directly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Denver for you
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can select. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, you will want to include price quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies which can save you money.
Listed below are Denver independent agents that can give you price quote information.
- Alliance General Insurance Agency
2696 CO-2 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 377-1172 – View Map
- Affordable American Insurance-Lloyd Nguyen Agency
1834 S Sheridan Blvd – Denver, CO 80232 – (303) 936-7233 – View Map
- Westwood Insurance
57 W Alameda Ave – Denver, CO 80223 – (303) 722-2841 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. They are highly trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Denver willing to provide price quote information.
- Hank Dorner – State Farm Insurance Agent
118 W 5th Ave – Denver, CO 80204 – (303) 280-1115 – View Map
- Tammy Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 Tower Rd Unit 101 – Denver, CO 80249 – (303) 373-9500 – View Map
- Joe Adams – State Farm Insurance Agent
4110 8th Ave – Denver, CO 80220 – (303) 388-4949 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Upon receiving positive responses to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is professional and can provide auto insurance coverage. Just remember you can always terminate coverage at any point so don’t feel that you’re stuck with a specific agent for the entire policy term.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Is my Jeep Cherokee covered if I use it for business?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Cherokee to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/15 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $15,000. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims like medical expenses, emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as vandalism, damage from flooding, hitting a deer, hitting a bird and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Jeep Cherokee.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits, funeral costs, EMT expenses and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
One last thing to lower rates
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to reduce Jeep Cherokee insurance car insurance rates online in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Denver auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company.
When you buy Denver auto insurance online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Denver? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)