No one in their right mind loves paying for insurance, in particular when the price is too high.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, over 70% of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,810, drivers can save nearly $610 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to do a rate comparison.
Insurance companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO continually hit you with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage periodically since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Mazda Tribute insurance in Denver last year there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
When looking for inexpensive Denver car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare prices from different companies. By far the easiest way to do a complete rate comparison consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
It’s so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it replaces the need to call or drive to different Denver agent offices. Comparing online rate quotes makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the extra assistance of a licensed agent. You can, however, compare the best prices online and get advice from an agent in your area. When comparison shopping, getting more free quotes helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tribute I Sport 2WD||$300||$546||$392||$24||$118||$1,380||$115|
|Tribute I Sport 4WD||$148||$306||$280||$16||$84||$834||$70|
|Tribute I Touring 2WD||$166||$362||$314||$18||$94||$954||$80|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 2WD||$200||$340||$308||$18||$92||$958||$80|
|Tribute I Touring 4WD||$172||$314||$286||$16||$86||$874||$73|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 4WD||$276||$592||$308||$18||$92||$1,286||$107|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 2WD||$232||$534||$280||$16||$84||$1,146||$96|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 4WD||$246||$496||$308||$18||$92||$1,160||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise rates substantially.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents influence Mazda Tribute yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The rates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect Mazda Tribute annual premium costs for each different age group. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Denver, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Tribute has a loan, most lenders will force you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Mazda at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
What Determines Mazda Tribute Insurance Prices?
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Mazda Tribute is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Prices go up with performance – The type of vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Since the Mazda Tribute is considered a standard SUV, rates will be slightly more compared to average rates in Denver. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Amount of liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in if you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Bad credit hurts insurance costs – Having a good credit history can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. People that have very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit. So if your credit rating could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Mazda Tribute if you clean up your credit.
- Occupation and insurance rates – Occupations like real estate brokers, police officers, and miners generally pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work-related stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations like scientists, engineers and performers pay the least.
- Gender is a factor – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage. They also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
Companies offer many discounts on Mazda Tribute insurance in Denver
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before being credited.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% and get you inexpensive Mazda Tribute insurance in Denver.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles could be rewarded with slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Student in College – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, early bird, good driver, Steer into Savings, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-policy, safe driver, youthful driver, renewal discount, and good student.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, passive restraint, driver’s education, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Travelers has savings for continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, home ownership, and multi-car.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, good student, and defensive driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, anti-theft, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be offered in Denver. To view insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Colorado, follow this link.
When do I need to talk to an agent?
Some consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Denver who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good provider needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
When looking for a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Denver agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company’s prices like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Denver who may provide you with comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Abbie Davis Tanner Agency Inc
2855 Speer Blvd Suite D – Denver, CO 80211 – (303) 333-0205 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to get several quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Denver who can help you get rate quotes.
57 W Alameda Ave – Denver, CO 80223 – (303) 722-2841 – View Map
After you get good responses as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can provide auto insurance coverage.
Shop smart and save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Budget-conscious Mazda Tribute insurance is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Denver, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Other learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Denver? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)