Do you want to learn to get more affordable Saturn Sky insurance in Denver? If you are new to online auto insurance, most likely you are confused thanks to all the different types of auto insurance companies all offering big savings in Denver.
Shockingly, most consumers in Colorado have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in America could save as much as 47% each year, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rate quotes online.
You should take the time to quote other rates yearly since rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the lowest rate on Saturn Sky insurance in Denver on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the right way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you already have coverage, you will be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. This information will let you in on the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance. But Colorado vehicle owners must know how companies determine premium rates.
When comparison shopping, more quotes helps locate lower pricing.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Denver, CO. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Car insurance in Colorado serves several purposes
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Denver, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Saturn at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Colorado is wasting up to $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies every year to save money.
How do Insurers Determine Saturn Sky Insurance Prices?
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in big savings. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Shown below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Job stress can affect prices – Jobs like real estate brokers, architects and accountants tend to have higher average rates attributed to high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, jobs like professors, historians and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Gender and insurance coverage – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Females and males tend to get into fender benders in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most insurers provide lower prices to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare Saturn Sky rates in Denver to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still save even more by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Cheaper auto insurance rates for prior coverage – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Colorado DMV.
- Do you have enough liability protection? – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Poor credit score equals high rates – Your credit score is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Saturn Sky by taking the time to improve your credit score. People that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
- Getting married reduces risk – Having a significant other actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Extra policy coverages that aren’t used – There are many additional extra coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and membership fees could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Saturn Sky insurance discounts in Denver
Companies do not advertise all available discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Denver car insurance online. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Denver car insurance over the internet.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Sky insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Denver car insurance quotes online.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Denver car insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance because it requires personal responsibility.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off the medical payments premium.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO has discounts for military active duty, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for professional/association, multi-car, annual mileage, good student, multi-policy, type of vehicle, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for youthful driver, bundle discounts, switch companies, pay in full, good student, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including student away at school, good student, safe driver, multiple vehicles, paperless, group or association, and company car.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for preferred payment discount, new move discount, multi-car, good student, and safety features.
- SAFECO discounts include accident prevention training, homeowner, multi-car, anti-theft, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- USAA may offer discounts for annual mileage, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, driver training, and military installation.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Insurance agents can help
When quoting and choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. You are unique and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local Denver insurance agents
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Denver.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to companies in Denver who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
When researching a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents in Denver are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything. When searching for an agent, you should always get quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Lloyd Pro Group Agency
1400 S Columbine St – Denver, CO 80210 – (970) 230-3020 – View Map
- Insurance Town and Country
1735 E 17th Ave #3 – Denver, CO 80218 – (303) 388-7216 – View Map
- Affordable American Insurance-Lloyd Nguyen Agency
1834 S Sheridan Blvd – Denver, CO 80232 – (303) 936-7233 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Denver that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Austin Domsch – State Farm Insurance Agent
400 S Colorado Blvd #890 – Denver, CO 80246 – (303) 321-0895 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jack Sughrue
3401 Quebec St Ste 9400 – Denver, CO 80207 – (303) 377-4767 – View Map
- Tammy Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 Tower Rd Unit 101 – Denver, CO 80249 – (303) 373-9500 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Denver?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Upon getting reasonable responses to these questions as well as cheaper Sky insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets your needs to provide auto insurance coverage.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for Saturn Sky insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you quote Denver car insurance, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Colorado is available below:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much is Denver Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Denver? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)