I doubt anyone fancies paying their premiums for car insurance, especially when they know their premiums are through the roof.
Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of customers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Colorado drivers could cut their rates by roughly $605 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they changed companies. There are many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to find the lowest cost provider for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Denver.
It is always a good idea to check car insurance prices on a regular basis since prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best deal on Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Denver last year there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the best methods to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Locating the best rates in Denver can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. Comparison shoppers just have to know the proper methods to shop for auto insurance on the web.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$148||$306||$280||$16||$84||$834||$70|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$194||$370||$222||$14||$66||$866||$72|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Denver garaging location which can alter coverage rates significantly.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims impact Volkswagen Beetle annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen Beetle in Denver, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will force you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Volkswagen but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Six factors that affect insurance prices
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices. Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and burglary. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be.
- Marriage discount – Having a significant other may earn you lower rates when buying car insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
- Better rates on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
- Your vocation is a factor – Occupational choices like lawyers, airline pilots, and medical professionals generally pay higher average rates because of job stress and lengthy work days. Other jobs like professors, athletes and retirees pay the least.
- Guys pay higher costs – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes have auto accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Credit rating impacts costs – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have bad credit. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Volkswagen Beetle by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Loss probability for a Volkswagen Beetle – Car insurance companies use historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates. The next table shows the collected loss data for Volkswagen Beetle vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Volkswagen Beetle Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Beetle 101 93 101 85 95 101 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 85 78 95 76 89 79
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Sign Online – A few larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having several vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- 21st Century has savings for 55 and older, homeowners, air bags, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, multiple autos, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, defensive driving, family plan, multi-policy, business or organization, easy pay, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance offers discounts including online shopper, multi-policy, DriveSense, Pac-12 alumni, good student, safety device, and multi-car.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, and anti-theft.
If you want inexpensive Denver car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your state.
Auto insurance agents can find coverage gaps
A small number of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Denver that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the differences since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Denver exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to check rates from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Denver who can help you get price quote information.
If you receive acceptable answers for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.
In the end, you can save money
As you quote Denver car insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read a lot of techniques to compare Volkswagen Beetle insurance premium rates in Denver. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Volkswagen Beetle rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company. Some small companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)