Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for more affordable insurance rates in Aurora, CO? Aurora drivers have options when trying to find the best price on car insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to shop for insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your and get the lowest price from Aurora insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes periodically because prices change regularly. Just because you found the best deal on insurance last year other companies may now be cheaper. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn the easiest ways to lower your insurance rates in Aurora.
If you have a current car insurance policy or just want to save money, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates without sacrificing coverage. This article’s goal is to familiarize you with the best ways to compare prices. Smart shoppers only have to learn the tricks to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
Buy Aurora insurance online
All major insurance companies make it easy to get coverage prices on their websites. This process is possible for anyone because you just enter your personal and coverage information into a form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system requests credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors.
Being able to quote online makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s necessary to perform this step in order to find a lower rate.
To find out how much you can save on insurance, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This way, you’re receiving rate quotes for exact coverage.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,058||$529||$88|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$964||$482||$80|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$994||$497||$83|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$816||$408||$68|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$1,128||$564||$94|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$990||$495||$83|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$1,242||$621||$104|
|Ford F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$1,032||$516||$86|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$902||$451||$75|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,172||$586||$98|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,046||$523||$87|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,338||$669||$112|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$954||$477||$80|
|Toyota Camry LE||$978||$489||$82|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,058||$529||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can impact premiums greatly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can impact Toyota Camry insurance prices for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The hardest decision when buying coverage is which deductibles should you choose. The following insurance rates can help you understand the difference in cost between low and high insurance deductibles. The first rate estimation uses a $100 deductible and the second rate table uses a $1,000 deductible.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$264||$448||$298||$18||$90||$1,143||$95|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$264||$448||$298||$18||$90||$1,143||$95|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$264||$448||$298||$18||$90||$1,143||$95|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$302||$448||$298||$18||$90||$1,181||$98|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$302||$448||$298||$18||$90||$1,181||$98|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$302||$546||$298||$18||$90||$1,279||$107|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$146||$236||$298||$18||$90||$788||$66|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$146||$236||$298||$18||$90||$788||$66|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$146||$236||$298||$18||$90||$788||$66|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$168||$236||$298||$18||$90||$810||$68|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$168||$236||$298||$18||$90||$810||$68|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$168||$288||$298||$18||$90||$862||$72|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise prices noticeably.
Based on the above data, using a $100 deductible will cost in the ballpark of $30 more each month or $360 each year than buying the higher $1,000 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $900 more out-of-pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you normally go at a minimum 30 months between claims, you would come out ahead by going with a higher deductible. Here is how you can make this decision for your own policy.
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$98|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||– $68|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$30|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 – $100):||$900|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$900 / $30|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||30 months|
One thing to note is that higher deductibles means you will have to pay more when you have a comprehensive or collision claim. You need to make sure you have enough disposable income in the event you have to pay the higher deductible.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Kia Optima premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no exact rule to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Kia Optima settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $600 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get slightly better rates than normal.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Early Signing – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Aurora car insurance online.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Some of the insurance companies that may include these discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered in Aurora. To locate insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Aurora, click here.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! Agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and also buy local. Supporting local agencies is definitely important in Aurora.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Aurora that can provide free Aurora car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because prices are sent to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When researching an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents in Aurora may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to include at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Aurora who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- All Drivers Insurance
12142 E Mississippi Ave – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 695-1000 – View Map
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
1080 S Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 344-2886 – View Map
- ALINK Insurance Services
3033 S Parker Rd #120 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 752-6479 – View Map
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Aurora exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Bill Mahaffy III – State Farm Insurance Agent
15281 E Smoky Hill Rd – Aurora, CO 80015 – (720) 886-0400 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Rob Owens
20941 E Smoky Hill Rd Unit G – Aurora, CO 80015 – (303) 693-8877 – View Map
- State Farm: Joel Kruschwitz
9801 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 344-1175 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Learn how to lower your auto insurance prices
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
- Guys tend to take more risk – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the men get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 cause the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a significant other may save some money on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Costs impacted by your city – Being located in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when talking about auto insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Vehicles with better crash test results are cheaper to insure – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If your car scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Liability limits on your policy – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Only buy coverage you need – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed when buying auto insurance. Things like coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Even though rates can get expensive, insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado overpays more than $825 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
You can lower your insurance rates
Discount insurance in Aurora can be sourced on the web and from local agencies, so you need to quote Aurora car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
We covered many tips how you can find cheaper coverage online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Aurora car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
More detailed insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Denver? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)