Pricey Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Denver can consume your savings account, especially in this economy. Comparing price quotes is recommended to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
A recent study showed that nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Many drivers in Denver could cut their rates by almost $610 a year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
Vehicle owners have so many insurance companies to pick from, and although it's a good thing to be able to choose, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to find the best rates for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Denver.
Companies offering Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Denver
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$236||$382||$338||$20||$100||$1,076||$90|
|Grand Caravan SE||$260||$462||$396||$24||$118||$1,260||$105|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$296||$628||$426||$26||$128||$1,504||$125|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$350||$458||$460||$28||$138||$1,434||$120|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$214||$362||$396||$24||$118||$1,114||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific Denver garaging location which can revise premium rates significantly.
Dodge Grand Caravan liability-only versus full coverage
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Grand Caravan auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive formula for dropping comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Dodge Grand Caravan settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing in excess of $500 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Grand Caravan yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but some must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Professional Memberships - Joining a civic or occupational organization in Denver is a simple method to lower premiums on your next insurance statement.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on Grand Caravan insurance in Denver.
- Waiver for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but certain companies may permit one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven't had any claims for a set time period.
- Renewal Discounts - Select insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy early. The savings is around 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Use Seat Belts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Older drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, you aren't that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, multiple autos, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and accident-free.
- Esurance discounts include good student, multi-car, safety device, claim free, Pac-12 alumni, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for multi-car, new move discount, safety features, good student, and hybrid vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for safe driver, safe vehicle, paperless, paid in full, and mature driver.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, military active duty, and seat belt use.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your area.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Colorado?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Local agents and insurance
Some people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the best rates and also buy local. Buying from small agencies is still important in Denver.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Denver who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Types of car insurance agents in Denver
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local Denver insurance agent, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Insurance agencies in Denver are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When comparing insurance rates, it's recommended you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Denver that may be able to give free insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company's prices and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare other company's rates so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Denver that are able to give price quote information.
Picking the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Car insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate continually stream ads on television and other media. They all advertise claims that you'll save big if you move your policy. How do they all give you a better price on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Denver? It's all in the words they use.
Insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the right customer that earns them the most money. A good example of this type of risk profile might have to be over the age of 45, carries high limits, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any customer that fits those parameters will probably get cheap prices and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Drivers who do not match the "perfect" profile will get higher premiums and the customer not purchasing. The ads say "people who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great rates.
This really emphasizes why you need to compare free Denver auto insurance quotes often. It's impossible to know which company will fit your personal profile best.
Shop smart and save
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent and even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
You just learned many tips how you can reduce Dodge Grand Caravan insurance premium rates online in Denver. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Low-cost Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Denver is definitely available on the web and with local Denver insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Denver? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)