Do you want to save money by finding low-cost Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Denver? Finding better insurance prices for a new or used Ford C-Max Hybrid in Colorado can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes for your Ford and locate the lowest possible price either online or from Denver insurance agents.
A recent car insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. The average driver in Colorado can cut their rates by about 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates every six months because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best price on Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Denver at your last renewal you can probably find a better rate now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the best methods to save on car insurance.
Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Denver is really quite easy. If you have insurance now or just want cheaper rates, take advantage of these tips to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Comparison shoppers just have to use the proper methods to get comparison rates from many different companies online.
Denver auto insurance discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but some must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Denver car insurance depending on your company.
- Early Signing – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current C-Max Hybrid insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Colorado, click this link.
All the larger car insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive give pricing on the web. Getting online rates for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Denver is easy for anyone as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system sends out for your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on many factors.
Getting online quotes for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Denver makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get cheap rates.
In order to get comparison pricing now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter the coverage information just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will be getting a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Seven Things That Affect Your Insurance Rates
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that go into determining your insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your prices.
Infrequent drivers can save – The more you drive annually the higher your rate. Most companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your C-Max Hybrid can result in significantly higher rates.
Higher rates for specific employers – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as fire fighters, police officers, and stock brokers usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other careers such as actors, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of insurance companies apply better rates to policyholders that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still find better rates even if you insure with multiple companies
Get married and get cheaper costs – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums on insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Your address can push rates up or down – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Residents of big cities regularly have more auto accidents and longer commute times. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Always keep your policy in place – Not having insurance is illegal and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in fines and jail time. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Driving citations will cost you – Being a careful driver impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have gotten severe violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Ford C-Max Hybrid claim probability – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Ford C-Max Hybrid vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Ford C-Max Hybrid Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford C-Max Hybrid||99||92||95||94||89||100|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When it comes to the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Is my Ford C-Max Hybrid covered if I use it for business?
- Should I rate my Ford C-Max Hybrid as pleasure use or commute?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- What happens if I owe more than my Ford C-Max Hybrid is worth?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance quotes from local neighborhood Denver car insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can find better rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Denver who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an provider should include more criteria than just a low price. A good agent in Denver will have answers to these questions.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Denver are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can do a good job, but it’s important to know how they are different because it can impact which type of agent you select.
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Denver that are able to give rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – James Lundin
1490 N Lafayette St #302b – Denver, CO 80218 – (303) 433-4542 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eddie W. Pacheco
6200 E Yale Ave – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 788-0777 – View Map
- Blanca Kerschen – State Farm Insurance Agent
4840 Chambers Rd b – Denver, CO 80239 – (303) 595-9000 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that can give you price quotes.
- Premier Group Insurance
1777 W 38th Ave #102 – Denver, CO 80211 – (303) 477-0505 – View Map
- Madison Insurance Group
600 S Cherry St #900 – Denver, CO 80246 – (800) 636-6185 – View Map
- Moschetti Michael – Isu Insurance Svc Of Co
950 17th St #1000 – Denver, CO 80202 – (303) 534-2133 – View Map
If you get positive responses to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. Keep in mind you can cancel coverage when you choose so never feel that you’re stuck with a specific company indefinitely.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your C-Max Hybrid has a lien holder, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Ford C-Max Hybrid. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is wasting up to $825 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
One last thing to lower rates
As you shop your coverage around, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Cheaper Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Denver is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Denver agents, so you need to quote Denver car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for College Students in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)