Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for low-cost Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Denver? Being forced to pay for high-priced insurance premiums can deplete your funds and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Comparison shopping can help to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Sad but true, over 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. U.S. consumers could save nearly $860 a year by just comparing quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
Numerous insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to find the cheapest price on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Denver.
If you have a policy now, you should be able to find the best rates using the tips covered below. Finding the cheapest coverage in Denver is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Colorado car owners do need to learn the methods companies use to determine premium rates and use it to find better rates.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance rates
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with several vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance.
- Life Insurance Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow data collection to analyze vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Denver and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO discounts include driver training, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-car, early quote, good student, new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, and continuous insurance.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, 55 and retired, good student, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for teen driver discount, multi-car, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, new graduate, exclusive group savings, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family may have discounts that include mySafetyValet, early bird, bundled insurance, air bags, multi-vehicle, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
When getting free Denver car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Colorado, click this link.
All the larger car insurance companies allow you to get price estimates on their websites. Comparing Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance rates online can be done by anyone as you simply type in your coverage preferences into a form. Once entered, their rating system automatically orders your driving record and credit report and provides a quote based on the data you entered. The ability to get online price quotes for Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Denver makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to perform this step if you are searching for cheap prices.
In order to get comparison pricing now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate the coverage information just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will be getting rate quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Local Denver insurance agencies and car insurance
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Denver that provide free Denver car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Denver?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. They are well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are Denver exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to compare prices from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Denver willing to provide price quote information.
Cost effective Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance can be found online and with local Denver insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost.
Much more information about insurance in Colorado is available at these links:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Denver Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)