Want to know how to find cheaper Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Denver? I doubt anyone rejoices having to buy car insurance, especially when it costs too dang much.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in Colorado can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to shop their coverage around.
Big companies like GEICO and Progressive increase brand awareness with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to avoid their marketing magic and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates quite often due to the fact that insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest rates on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Denver last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the easiest ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
How to compare Chevy Bolt EV insurance rate quotes in Denver
When shopping for cheaper Denver auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from many available auto insurance companies in Colorado. The best way to comparison shop consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to spend time driving to local Denver insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates this option unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional guidance of a local agency. However, consumers can get prices online but still have the advice of a local agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates. Some companies don’t provide online Denver Bolt EV insurance quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes from them as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Cheaper Denver insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers do not list every possible discount very clearly, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Denver auto insurance online.
- Paper-free Discount – Some insurance companies will provide an incentive for signing up on the internet.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better insurance rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy may allow you to get better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching companies prior to your current Bolt EV insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Denver auto insurance depending on your insurance provider.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To see providers who offer discounts in Denver, click this link.
Local Denver insurance agencies
A lot of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And buying from local agencies is important especially in Denver.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Denver who will return price quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Denver auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a good Denver insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Denver can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, you need to contact independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that can give you pricing information.
57 W Alameda Ave – Denver, CO 80223 – (303) 722-2841 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Denver that are able to give price quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Denver, get answers to these questions.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
Multiple criteria are considered when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other criteria are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Get better rates if married – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums compared to being single. Marriage means you’re more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are rearending another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Tickets cost more than a fine – Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Just one chargeable violation can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten careless citations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Choose high safety ratings and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If your Chevy Bolt EV has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Maintain car insurance coverage – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Extra coverages can add up – Policies have optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for rental car coverage, towing, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
Car insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Denver, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy Bolt EV with a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Do the work, save more money
We’ve covered some good ideas how to reduce Chevy Bolt EV insurance prices online in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Denver auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
When getting Denver auto insurance quotes online, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)