Want to learn how to find more competitive auto insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver drivers have a choice when trying to find the best price on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to compare prices or use the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Chevy and find the lowest possible price either online or from Denver insurance agents.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to spy on driving habits by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- College Student – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driving techniques can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not apply in every state. For a list of providers with the best Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance discounts in Colorado, click this link.
The best way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize most larger insurance companies will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give them rating details such as how much you drive, marital status, your occupation, and how your vehicles are used. That rating data is then submitted to multiple car insurance providers and you will get price comparisons immediately.
To start a rate quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Denver.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Denver, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$192||$360||$452||$26||$136||$1,166||$97|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$278||$500||$440||$26||$132||$1,376||$115|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$238||$448||$396||$24||$118||$1,224||$102|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$418||$662||$474||$28||$142||$1,724||$144|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$238||$426||$338||$20||$100||$1,122||$94|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$212||$360||$362||$22||$108||$1,064||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Denver which can affect coverage prices noticeably.
Physical damage deductibles
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can raise or lower Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD annual premium costs with and without full coverage. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive formula to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $600 annually for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Gender-based car insurance premiums in Denver
The information below shows the difference between Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Buy Lower-cost Insurance with These Tips
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you big savings. Many different elements are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine premiums.
- Frequent insurance claims increase premiums – Companies in Colorado generally give the best rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- What are your deductibles? – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Save money by having excellent credit – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit. So if your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Higher prices for specific occupations – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers such as doctors, business owners and dentists have the highest rates due to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
- Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance of the car you are insuring makes a huge difference in your premium level. Because the Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD is a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price as compared to the average rate in Denver. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Pay less with a high crash test rating – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you. If your Chevy has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
- More traffic means higher claims – Being located in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Residents of big cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent vehicle theft.
Are car insurance agents obsolete?
Many drivers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Denver that can provide free Denver auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider should depend on more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Denver?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Exclusive and independent Denver car insurance agents
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they work. Auto insurance agents in Denver are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Denver willing to provide price quote information.
- Hiram Licea – State Farm Insurance Agent
3600 Morrison Rd – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 935-7475 – View Map
- Hank Dorner – State Farm Insurance Agent
118 W 5th Ave – Denver, CO 80204 – (303) 280-1115 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jack Sughrue
3401 Quebec St Ste 9400 – Denver, CO 80207 – (303) 377-4767 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to compare quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that are able to give price quotes.
- Henry Ham Agency, Inc
645 E Evans Ave – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 744-1341 – View Map
- Moody Insurance Agency
8055 E Tufts Ave #1000 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 824-6600 – View Map
- Sorhage and James Insurance
1660 S Albion St # 1005 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 759-4551 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and a low price estimate, you may have just found a car insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
Protect your Silverado 3500HD and other assets
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Silverado 3500HD in Denver, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Silverado 3500HD has a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
Lower-priced Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Denver is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Denver agents, so you need to quote Denver auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with local independent agents.
When getting Denver auto insurance quotes online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation and even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be easier than you think.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at these sites:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Denver, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Denver Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)