Having to pay for pricey Chrysler 200 insurance in Denver can draw down your funds and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparing cost estimates is a great way to lower your bills every month.
It’s hard to believe, but almost 70% of drivers in Colorado have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. U.S. drivers could save nearly $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they switched.
Since you have so many insurance companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Chrysler 200 in Denver, it is very difficult to locate the most affordable company.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Denver can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Nevertheless, Colorado vehicle owners can benefit from knowing the way companies price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
Just remember that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chrysler 200 in Denver, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado is overpaying over $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
You may qualify for discounts for Chrysler 200 insurance in Denver
Some providers don’t always advertise every discount they offer very clearly, so we researched some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Denver may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Denver is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of car insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Denver, follow this link.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out if you will benefit from professional help.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- How high should deductibles be on a Chrysler 200?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Should I contact an agent?
Many people would rather buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this simple form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Denver who will give competitive quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are they full-time agents?
Listed below is a list of auto insurance companies in Denver willing to provide comparison quotes for Chrysler 200 insurance in Denver.
After receiving good answers to all your questions and a good coverage price, you may have just found a company that can properly insure your vehicles.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for hospital visits, surgery, dental work, X-ray expenses and chiropractic care. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
This can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/15 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as pain and suffering, loss of income and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays for damage to your 200 resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like driving through your garage door, rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your 200 to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft and a broken windshield. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/15 in Colorado), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Insurance savings summarized
We just presented many ways to compare Chrysler 200 insurance car insurance rates in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Denver auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a small local company.
When searching for affordable Denver auto insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Lower-priced insurance in Denver can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Denver agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Denver Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)