Wish you could get a refund on an overpriced car insurance policy? It’s quite common and there are many Denver consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance.
A recent study showed that the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,800, Denver drivers could save themselves 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
With so many options when it comes to car insurance, it’s difficult to find the most affordable car insurance company.
Finding affordable coverage in Denver is actually quite simple. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using this information. Nevertheless, Colorado vehicle owners benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Colorado
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Smart Consumers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your rates.
- Too many claims will drive rates up – Companies in Colorado award better rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive your Chrysler annually the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your car insurance coverage is rated on the correct driver usage. Having the wrong rating on your Crossfire may be wasting your money.
- Your address can affect costs – Choosing to live in a small town may provide you with better prices when buying car insurance. Urban drivers have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Lots of insurance companies will award lower prices to customers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Experienced drivers save more – Beginning drivers in Colorado have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
- Better drivers pay less – Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise substantially. Drivers who have received flagrant citations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
Denver insurance discounts for a Chrysler Crossfire
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Denver auto insurance online.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Denver may trigger a policy discount on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Early Signing – Some companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current Crossfire insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Denver auto insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your overall bill.
Companies that have these money-saving discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company the best way to save money. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Denver. If you would like to view providers with the best discounts in Denver, click here.
You may need advice from a local insurance agent
Some consumers still like to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates and also buy local.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Denver who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Denver can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Denver who may provide you with price quote information.
Alan Deines – State Farm Insurance Agent
2120 S Ash St Unit 150 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 388-4400 – View Map
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you should always get quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are Denver independent insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
57 W Alameda Ave – Denver, CO 80223 – (303) 722-2841 – View Map
Will just any policy work for me?
When selecting a policy, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Cheap insurance rates are possible
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned a lot of tips how to reduce Chrysler Crossfire insurance prices online in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Cheaper insurance in Denver is available on the web and with local Denver insurance agents, so you need to shop Denver auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Denver Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)