Being forced to pay for high-priced insurance premiums can sap your monthly budget and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing cost estimates is free and is an excellent way to lower your monthly bill.
It’s hard to believe, but 70% of consumers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Denver drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t want to spend time to go online and compare rates. Popular companies such as Allstate, Progressive and GEICO persitently shower you with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the promise of big savings and take the time to shop coverage around.
You need to shop coverage around at least once a year because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Buick Lucerne insurance in Denver last year a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to teach you the things you must know in order to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want to reduce your rates, you can learn to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the best rates in Denver is much easier if you have a good place to start. Consumers only need an understanding of how to compare rate quotes on the web.
Finding a lower price on Buick Lucerne insurance can be quick and easy. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes comparing free Denver car insurance quotes from different insurance companies.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. Quoting and buying Buick Lucerne insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you require the advice and guidance of a local Denver agent. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Denver, CO. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$264||$608||$396||$24||$118||$1,410||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can influence coverage rates substantially.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can raise Buick Lucerne annual premium costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there are discounts available that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO may permit one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Lucerne can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Some of the insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Denver, click this link.
Auto insurance agents near you
Many drivers just want to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Denver who will give you quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Denver, get answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Does their agency support local causes in Denver?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Denver car insurance agents come in two flavors
When finding a local Denver insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Denver are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can do a good job, but it’s important to point out the difference between them because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are exclusive agents in Denver that can give you rate quotes.
Alan Deines – State Farm Insurance Agent
2120 S Ash St Unit 150 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 388-4400 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get several quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Denver who can help you get rate quotes.
When to get professional advice
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Buick Lucerne is totaled?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Colorado minimum liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Get More Affordable Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine your rates.
- Improve your credit score and save – Your credit history factor in determining premium rates. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Buick Lucerne by spending a little time repairing your credit. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
- Minor frequent insurance claims are not good – Car insurance companies in Colorado generally give the best rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Insurance prices and vehicle performance – The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Because the Buick Lucerne falls in the passenger car class, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Denver. Smaller low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Liability safeguards assets – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage when you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Don’t cancel your insurance policy without a new one in place – Driving without insurance is against the law and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Insuring your Buick vehicle just makes sense
Even though Denver Lucerne insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance savings summarized
We covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Buick Lucerne insurance in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Denver car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Buick Lucerne insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a small local company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, someone dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional information is located on the following sites: