Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced Chevy Sonic insurance in Denver? It’s a common feeling and many Denver drivers feel the same as you.
A study showed that nearly 70% of customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,800, Colorado drivers could cut their rates by approximately 35% a year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
Having so many companies to choose from that have lower-cost insurance for a Chevy Sonic in Denver, it can be diffult for people to locate the most affordable company.
You should take the time to compare prices once or twice a year because prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best rates on Chevy Sonic insurance in Denver a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the only way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Affordable companies for Chevy Sonic insurance
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheap rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before being credited.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching to them early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could qualify for cheaper prices.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see insurance companies with discount rates in Denver, click this link.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Comparing prices from local Denver insurance agents
Some consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agents is still important in Denver.
By using this short form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
What types of auto insurance agents are in Denver?
If you are searching for a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Denver that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are exclusive agents in Denver who can help you get rate quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Ads can be misleading
Big name companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads in print and on television. All the companies seem to make the promise that you’ll save big if you get a free Denver car insurance quote and switch your insurance policy to them. How can each company have lower policy pricing?
Many companies have underwriting criteria for the right customer that earns them the highest profit. For instance, a profitable insured could be a married female, has other policies, and has a high credit rating. Any new insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest premium rates in Denver and will save when switching.
People who do not fit these standards will probably be forced to pay higher prices which leads to the customer not purchasing. The wording the ads use say “customers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much when switching. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
Because of this risk profiling, you really should compare quotes as often as possible. It’s not possible to predict which company will provide the lowest Chevy Sonic insurance in Denver.
How much can you save?
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Budget-conscious Chevy Sonic insurance is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Denver? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)