Pretty sure you bought an overpriced car insurance policy? It’s quite common and many Denver consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. The average driver in Denver could save approximately 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Due to the large number of online and local companies to choose from, it’s difficult to choose the most affordable car insurance company.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews since insurance rates tend to go up over time. If you had the lowest rate on Infiniti M37 insurance in Denver a couple years back a different company probably has better prices today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to find out the proper way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Shopping around for the cheapest policy in Denver is easy to do. If you have a current car insurance policy or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these tips to save money without reducing protection. Vehicle owners just need to use the fastest way to compare rate quotes online.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Infiniti M37
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Infiniti in Denver, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Infiniti at a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower the Price of Auto Insurance with These Tips
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. It’s important that you understand some of the things that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
Higher rates for specific jobs – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations such as doctors, airline pilots, and miners generally have higher average rates attributed to high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other jobs like professors, historians and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Save miles driven and save money – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on the right rating data, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated M37 can cost quite a bit.
Having a spouse can save on auto insurance – Getting married can get you a discount when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Accidents drive up rates – A bad driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Careful drivers get better prices compared to bad drivers. Having just one citation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
Alarm systems lowers rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent auto theft.
Insure car and home with the same company – Most insurers afford better rates to clients that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find lower rates by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Don’t overlook these Infiniti M37 insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount very well, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Denver auto insurance online.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings as much as 30%.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of car insurance companies will give a small break for completing your application on the internet.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Life Insurance – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower price if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new M37 can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, safe driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, good student, youthful driver, and driver training.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, safe vehicle, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for eSmart discount, good payer, premier discount, EZ pay plan discount, 55 and retired, and early signing.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, good student, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, and easy pay.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To see companies with discount car insurance rates in Denver, follow this link.
Insurance agents can help
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing insurance online is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important particularly in Denver.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Denver who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Exclusive and independent Denver auto insurance agents
If you are searching for local Denver agents, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they work. Insurance agencies in Denver can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can provide insurance policies, but it’s good to learn why they differ because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Below are Denver independent insurance agents that can give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Denver willing to provide price quote information.
Bob Chapman – State Farm Insurance Agent
2335 E Evans Ave – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 777-3005 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
Affordable car insurance premiums are out there
Lower-priced car insurance in Denver is attainable on the web and with local Denver insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some companies do not provide online quoting and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
You just read a lot of tips how to compare Infiniti M37 insurance rates in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Infiniti M37 insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with a small local company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)