How long has it been since the last time you looked for the cheapest auto insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver buyers have a choice when searching for the best price on Land Rover Discovery insurance. They can either spend hours driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to buy auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Land Rover and find the lowest price from Denver insurance agents and online providers.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons on a regular basis because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best price on Land Rover Discovery insurance in Denver at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the only way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Land Rover Discovery insurance in Denver is to know the fact most insurance companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as distance driven, how your vehicles are used, types of safety features, and the type of vehicles you drive. The rating information is then sent to many of the top insurers and they respond with quotes immediately.
To find the cheapest Land Rover Discovery insurance rates, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the potentially high cost of Land Rover Discovery insurance, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Land Rover for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects your Land Rover Discovery and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The Land Rover Discovery Insurance Cost Equation
Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but some are more transparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Liability is cheap – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Cheaper prices for prior coverage – Going without insurance will be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you fines and jail time. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Colorado DMV.
- Proper usage rating affects costs – The more you drive annually the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Discovery can result in significantly higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance declarations sheet is showing annual mileage.
- Getting married is a good thing – Getting married may cut your premiums on your policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- File insurance claims and pay more – Car insurance companies in Colorado generally give discounts to people who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- More performance means more cost – The performance of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Because the Land Rover Discovery is considered a standard SUV, rates will be slightly more when compared to the average rates in Denver. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Drivers with good credit save – Credit history will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Land Rover Discovery by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Your deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Get cheaper Land Rover Discovery insurance rates in Denver
Companies do not list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on insurance. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better insurance rates.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Online Discount – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount for signing up digitally online.
- Denver Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for type of vehicle, annual mileage, ease of repair, good student, multi-car, age of vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for mature driver, good student, switch companies, business and professional, alternative fuel, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-policy, youthful driver, 55 and retired, safe driver, driver training, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, safe vehicle, passive restraint, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Allstate offers discounts including FullPay discount, good payer, good student, utility vehicle, and resident student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, air bags, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not apply in your state. To see insurers who offer online Land Rover Discovery insurance quotes in Colorado, follow this link.
Buying from car insurance agents
Many drivers would rather visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Denver who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- What companies can they write with?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents that you can choose from. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Denver that are able to give price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – James Lundin
1490 N Lafayette St #302b – Denver, CO 80218 – (303) 433-4542 – View Map
- Todd Savage – State Farm Insurance Agent
2401 E 6th Ave – Denver, CO 80206 – (303) 722-1139 – View Map
- Tammy Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 Tower Rd Unit 101 – Denver, CO 80249 – (303) 373-9500 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
The following are Denver independent agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- Alliance General Insurance Agency
2696 CO-2 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 377-1172 – View Map
- Sorhage and James Insurance
1660 S Albion St # 1005 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 759-4551 – View Map
- Dagley Insurance and Financial Services Inc
2055 S Federal Blvd – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 975-1229 – View Map
How much can you save?
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices and even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance in Denver can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Land Rover Discovery insurance rates in Denver. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
More detailed car insurance information is located in these articles:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Denver? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)