Nobody looks forward to buying insurance, especially when they know the price is too high.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,800, drivers could pocket about 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to save money by comparing rate quotes. Numerous car insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company and get the definite best rates possible on Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Denver.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to get lower rates without sacrificing coverage. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Denver can be much easier if you know how to start. You only need to know the fastest way to compare insurance rates on the web.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons for Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Denver utilizes the fact most of the bigger providers participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details including what your job is, the ages of drivers, coverage limits, and the type of vehicles you drive. The data is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes quickly.
To find the cheapest Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance rates, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Even though Denver i-MiEV insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Mitsubishi at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Mitsubishi as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $810 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
Don’t overlook these five Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- College Student – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Denver Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive lower premium rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few companies who may offer these money-saving discounts include:
If you want affordable Denver auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply in every state.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Local Denver insurance agencies and insurance
Certain consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent. Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important especially in Denver.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Denver that give free quotes to get your business. You don’t have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Denver
When looking for a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they work. Agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to point out how they are different since it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they can quote policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you will want to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that may be able to give you rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are Denver exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Finding a good insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. A good agent in Denver will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Denver?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for doctor visits, pain medications, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Mitsubishi i-MiEV.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Colorado limits are 25/50/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays for damage to your i-MiEV caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your i-MiEV to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability – Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/15 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims like court costs, bail bonds and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass and theft. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Frequent quotes can save
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can save on Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
As you quote Denver auto insurance, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much is Denver Auto Insurance for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Denver? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)