How many years has it been since you compared lower-priced Pontiac Vibe insurance in Denver? Are you regretting the purchase of an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. American insurance shoppers could save almost $859 a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
Since you have so many insurance companies to choose from that have lower-cost insurance for a Pontiac Vibe in Denver, it’s nearly impossible to locate the lowest price insurer.
Consumers should take time to quote other rates yearly since rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the lowest rate on Pontiac Vibe insurance in Denver on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to show you the right way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Denver is much easier if you know where to start. If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the techniques presented in this article. Although Colorado vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way insurance companies calculate your insurance rates.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations like fire fighters, airline pilots, and financial analysts tend to have higher premium rates attributed to high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. Other professions such as professors, historians and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Tickets cost more than a fine – Whether or not you get tickets can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Careful drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Getting just one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers who have dangerous tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature than a single person and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
- Cut premiums and deter theft – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to get quotes from local Denver insurance companies. The fastest way to find the cheapest Pontiac Vibe insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Getting quotes online is very simple and it takes the place of having to actually drive to all the different Denver insurance agencies. The ability to quote Pontiac Vibe insurance online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the peace of mind that you can only get from talking to an agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent. Keep in mind that comparing more prices gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate. Some smaller insurers do not give online rate quotes, so it’s important to also get price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific Denver garaging location which can change rates greatly.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions impact Pontiac Vibe insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance ads bend the truth
Well-known insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive seem to constantly run ads on TV and radio. They all have a common claim about savings if you just switch your insurance policy to them. How do they all charge you a lower premium? It’s all in the wording.
Insurance companies quote their best rates for the driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a profitable risk profile might be over the age of 45, has a low-risk occupation, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured that matches those criteria will probably get cheap car insurance rates as well as save a lot of money.
Drivers who are not a match for those standards will be charged a more expensive rate and the customer not purchasing. The trick companies use is to say “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s why insurance companies can confidently lure you into getting a quote. This illustrates why you absolutely need to get as many free Denver car insurance quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know with any certainty which company will be your best fit.
Buying the right Pontiac Vibe insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Pontiac Vibe, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Colorado is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to save money.
You may qualify for discounts for Pontiac Vibe insurance in Denver
Companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both the well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Denver car insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Paperless Signup – Many auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Vibe insurance in Denver.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select auto insurance companies reward you with lower auto insurance rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer online Pontiac Vibe insurance quotes in Colorado, follow this link.
Auto insurance agents near you
Some people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Denver who will give you bids to get your business. There is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How are they compensated?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Denver
If you need to find a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Denver can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Denver that are able to give price quotes.
Tammy Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 Tower Rd Unit 101 – Denver, CO 80249 – (303) 373-9500 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, you will want to include at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Denver that can give you price quotes.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced insurance in Denver can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
Much more information about insurance in Colorado can be found below:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Safe Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Denver? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)