How long has it been since you sat down and looked for the cheapest insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for affordable Volvo V90 insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to compare prices or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online and we’ll show you the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Volvo and locate the lowest price either online or from Denver insurance agents.
You need to do price comparisons before your policy renews because insurance prices change quite often. Just because you found the lowest price on Volvo V90 insurance in Denver at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. You can find a lot of information about V90 insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you some good information on how to lower your insurance bill.
If you’re already insured or just want to reduce your rates, use these techniques to find the best rates without reducing coverage. This article’s goal is to help educate you on how to compare rates easily and some money-saving tips. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the tricks to find the lowest price online from multiple companies.
Get cheaper Volvo V90 insurance rates in Denver
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- College Student – Kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used V90 can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and Progressive permit an accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow companies to study driving manner by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of more than 20%.
- Early Signing – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current V90 insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some auto insurance companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on the web.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for bundle discounts, good student, switch companies, business and professional, early shopping, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including renewal discount, safe driver, youthful driver, 55 and retired, good student, driver training, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, accident-free, multiple autos, good driver, driver’s education, and passive restraint.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, military active duty, driver training, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, good student, and air bags.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, drive less, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new vehicle discount, new graduate, new move discount, newly retired, teen driver discount, multi-car, and good student.
If you need low cost Denver auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not apply in every state. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer cheap Volvo V90 insurance quotes in Colorado, click here to view.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers would rather sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agents is still important in Denver.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Denver who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Denver
When searching for a local Denver insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Denver agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can do a good job, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are Denver independent insurance agents who may be able to give you price quotes.
- Aspen Insurance Agency
2238 S Broadway – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 777-2991 – View Map
- Bonnie Brae Insurance
179 S Colorado Blvd – Denver, CO 80246 – (303) 321-9300 – View Map
- American Home Insurance Agency
7505 E Harvard Ave – Denver, CO 80231 – (888) 325-8108 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Denver who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – James Lundin
1490 N Lafayette St #302b – Denver, CO 80218 – (303) 433-4542 – View Map
- Kelly Wells – State Farm Insurance Agent
1855 S Pearl St Ste 100 – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 862-4579 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Paul Novak
3900 E Mexico Ave # 105 – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 320-7859 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Denver?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/15 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage and hitting a bird. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision insurance covers damage to your V90 resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your V90 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Volvo V90.
Since many Colorado drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses for nursing services, dental work and X-ray expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
One last note
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices and even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
We’ve covered many tips how you can compare Volvo V90 insurance rates in Denver. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Cheaper auto insurance in Denver is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Denver auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)