Searching for lower-priced Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Denver? Are you a victim of an overpriced insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because there are many Denver consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Denver consumers can save almost $600 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. You have so many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, it can be more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
It’s a good habit to do price comparisons before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the lowest rate on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Denver on your last policy a different company probably has better prices today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re going to learn the proper way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Pricing the lowest cost coverage in Denver is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now or need a new policy, take advantage of these tips to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Shoppers only have to learn the most efficient way to compare prices instantly.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Why you need insurance for your Captiva Sport
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Chevy Captiva Sport but also your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Score discounts on Denver car insurance
Some companies do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Denver auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are throwing money away.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Denver auto insurance quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current Captiva Sport insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Online Discount – Some car insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, 55 and retired, driver training, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and safe driver.
- MetLife has discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, good student, and claim-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, multi-car, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including mySafetyValet, good driver, bundled insurance, accident-free, air bags, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, driver training, and federal employee.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, good driver, and driver’s education.
When comparing rates, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply in Denver.
Getting quotes from local Denver auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Denver.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Denver who will return price quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you would like to find a local Denver insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can provide insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are Denver independent insurance agencies who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Denver that are able to give comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Abbie Davis Tanner Agency Inc
2855 Speer Blvd Suite D – Denver, CO 80211 – (303) 333-0205 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Denver?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- How are claims handled?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- If they are an independent agency in Denver, which companies do they recommend?
It’s not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
One last thing about your coverage
Lower-priced car insurance in Denver can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Denver insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide price quotes online and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Captiva Sport rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier.
When you buy Denver auto insurance online, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about car insurance in Colorado can be read below:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Denver? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)