Do you want to save money by buying lower-priced Chevy City Express insurance in Denver? Are you at wits end from being strong-armed to insure your Chevy every month? You are in the same boat as most other people in Colorado.
A study showed that most car insurance buyers in Colorado have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Consumers in the United States could save almost 46.5% every year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop their coverage around.
Companies like Allstate and Progressive promote their brand names with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to avoid their marketing magic and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a good habit to quote other rates before your policy renews because car insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Chevy City Express insurance in Denver a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to find out how to use online quotes to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Chevy City Express insurance in Denver.
If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques covered below. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Denver can be easy if you know a few tricks. But Colorado drivers do need to know how insurance companies compete online and use it to find better rates.
Get discounts on Denver insurance
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but a few need to be manually applied before being credited.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to look at their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Accident Free – Denver drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model can save you some money since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the cost of your policy.
Auto insurance companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
If you need cheaper Denver car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your state.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Chevy City Express insurance in Denver is to know the trick auto insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information such as if you lease or own, an estimate of your credit level, if a SR-22 is needed, and level of coverage desired. Your details is instantly sent to many of the top insurers and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
To compare rates for your Chevy City Express now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Denver.
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$166||$298||$396||$24||$118||$1,002||$84|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$220||$368||$460||$28||$138||$1,214||$101|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$170||$306||$330||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$266||$526||$426||$26||$128||$1,372||$114|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$160||$326||$456||$28||$136||$1,106||$92|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$236||$464||$338||$20||$100||$1,158||$97|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$234||$448||$368||$22||$110||$1,182||$99|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$144||$296||$396||$24||$118||$978||$82|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$302||$546||$352||$20||$106||$1,326||$111|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$220||$434||$352||$20||$106||$1,132||$94|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$310||$538||$460||$28||$138||$1,474||$123|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$214||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,128||$94|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$276||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,360||$113|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$172||$312||$362||$22||$108||$976||$81|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$242||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,156||$96|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$264||$528||$368||$22||$110||$1,292||$108|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$264||$528||$368||$22||$110||$1,292||$108|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$162||$332||$396||$24||$118||$1,032||$86|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$214||$426||$368||$22||$110||$1,140||$95|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$214||$426||$396||$24||$118||$1,178||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Denver which can lower or raise premium rates greatly.
Gender-based car insurance premiums
The example below shows the difference between Chevrolet City Express insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Chevrolet City Express insurance premiums for different age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Six Tips to Get Cheap Denver Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that aid in calculating your insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings. Many different elements are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Insurance rates and your job – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like lawyers, airline pilots, and miners generally pay higher rates than average attributed to intense work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs like professors, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
- Liability coverage – The liability section of your policy will protect you in the event that you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your Chevy City Express has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Raise your physical damage deductibles for better rates – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be rearending another vehicle, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft.
- Tickets mean higher prices – How you drive impacts premiums far more than you think. Attentive drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Having just one chargeable violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have received multiple tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Colorado?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Who is covered when they drive my Chevy City Express?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers just want to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Denver.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is transmitted to companies in Denver who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they function. Car insurance agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Denver who may provide pricing information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Denver that are able to give price quotes.
Deciding on an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How long has their agency been in business in Denver?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though Denver City Express insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
Third, insurance protects your Chevy and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal, poor customer service or even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just presented a lot of ways to find lower-cost Chevy City Express insurance in Denver. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Denver car insurance, the higher your chance of finding low cost Denver car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)