Wish you could get out of an expensive insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are many Denver drivers thinking the same thing.
Sad but true, nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Drivers in Colorado could pocket as much as $610 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes online.
Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings with ad campaigns and it can be hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using these methods. Locating the best rates in Denver can be much easier if you know how to start. But Colorado car owners can benefit from knowing the way companies calculate your car insurance rates and apply this information to your search.
Companies offering Chevy Tahoe insurance in Denver
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$236||$464||$338||$20||$100||$1,158||$97|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$378||$672||$474||$28||$142||$1,694||$141|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$162||$296||$396||$24||$118||$996||$83|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$276||$454||$474||$28||$142||$1,374||$115|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$194||$370||$338||$20||$100||$1,022||$85|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$294||$630||$368||$22||$110||$1,424||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location which can alter auto insurance rates noticeably.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders can impact Chevrolet Tahoe car insurance rates for different age groups. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Tahoe insurance costs by gender and age
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Chevrolet Tahoe auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that help determine your insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in cheaper rates.
The items below are some of the things that factor into your prices.
Better drivers pay better premiums – How you drive has a big impact on rates. Having a single chargeable violation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations like DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
Prevent your car from being stolen – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Liability coverage – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage in the event that you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Bad credit hurts insurance rates – Your credit score factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit score is not that good, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Tahoe by improving your credit score. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Chevy Tahoe claim statistics – Companies use data from past claims to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Chevy Tahoe vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
Chevrolet Tahoe Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Tahoe 4dr 2WD||82||90||105||70||63||88|
|Chevrolet Tahoe 4dr 4WD||83||89||103||68||62||80|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Denver car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could be rewarded with discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower rates.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies reward drivers for signing up before your current Tahoe insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Denver auto insurance online.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for good student, vehicle fuel type, bundle, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- American Family offers discounts including early bird, air bags, TimeAway discount, accident-free, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and homeowner.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, save driver, good student, payment discounts, and continuous insurance.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include teen driver, multi-car, mature driver, youthful driver, bundle discounts, pay in full, and early shopping.
- USAA offers premium reductions for vehicle storage, loyalty savings, driver training, annual mileage, defensive driver, and family discount.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, good student, new vehicle discount, newly married, safety features, and teen driver discount.
When getting free Denver auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Denver. For a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Denver, click here.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people would rather buy from a local agent. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Denver that can give you free Denver auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing a insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Denver should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Denver?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can choose from. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive.
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Denver who can help you get price quote information.
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies so they can write business amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Denver willing to provide price quote information.
After receiving positive feedback to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage. Keep in mind you can cancel your coverage at any point so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with your new company indefinitely.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When quoting and comparing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Should I buy only the required Colorado minimum liability coverage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Colorado?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Budget-conscious Chevy Tahoe insurance is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Denver agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to lower your Chevy Tahoe insurance premium rates in Denver. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)