Comparison shopping for more affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance in Denver is hard for beginners to online comparison shopping. There are so many agents and companies to choose from that it can turn into a ton of work to find the lowest price on Ford Five Hundred insurance.
A study showed that over 70% of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Colorado drivers could save as much as $610 every year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Consumers should take time to compare rates yearly since prices change regularly. Just because you had the best deal on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Denver on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Denver is quite easy. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to get lower rates using this information. Although Colorado car owners benefit from understanding how big insurance companies determine what you pay.
Car insurance providers offering affordable prices in Colorado
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Seven Things That Affect Your Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that help determine car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Liability protection is important – Liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are responsible for an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Tickets hurt – Having a single chargeable violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving are required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- High deductibles lower prices – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your car insurance will be.
- Filing claims can cost more – If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Colorado provide cheaper rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Having a spouse is a bonus – Your spouse helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Where you reside can affect premiums – Being located in a small town is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Less people translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers have more auto accidents and longer commute times. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The type of car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Due to the fact that the Ford Five Hundred is considered a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live in Denver.
Denver insurance discounts for a Ford Five Hundred
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Denver car insurance online.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers are able to get a slight reduction on a Denver car insurance quote.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- American Family discounts include air bags, early bird, defensive driver, bundled insurance, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide may include discounts for defensive driving, good student, multi-policy, easy pay, and accident-free.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for defensive driver, claim-free, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, and good driver.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include automatic seat belts, 55 and older, air bags, defensive driver, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, good student, mature driver, multi-car, and early shopping.
- Allstate offers discounts including senior citizen, passive restraint, economy car, good student, resident student, and auto/life discount.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Denver. To see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Denver, click this link.
Car insurance agents near you
A small number of people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to drive around since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you need to find a local Denver insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agents in Denver can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Denver that are able to give rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Abbie Davis Tanner Agency Inc
2855 Speer Blvd Suite D – Denver, CO 80211 – (303) 333-0205 – View Map
- Stephanie Sponder – State Farm Insurance Agent
671 E 19th Ave – Denver, CO 80203 – (303) 744-0757 – View Map
- Don Middleton – State Farm Insurance Agent
1900 Wazee St #1538 – Denver, CO 80202 – (303) 595-5500 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to include rate quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are Denver independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- American Home Insurance Agency
7505 E Harvard Ave – Denver, CO 80231 – (888) 325-8108 – View Map
- Alliance General Insurance Agency
2696 CO-2 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 377-1172 – View Map
- Mile High Insurance Agency
4704 Harlan St #360 – Denver, CO 80212 – (303) 237-5445 – View Map
Upon receiving good responses to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that is a good match to service your policy.
When to get professional advice
When selecting the best insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Colorado?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
You just learned a lot of techniques to save on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Denver. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents. Cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance in Denver is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Much more information about auto insurance in Colorado can be found on the following sites:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Denver? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)