Having to pay for overpriced Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Denver can drain your funds and force you to tighten up your finances. Comparing price quotes can help to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Denver can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they switched. You have so many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, more options can take longer to find the lowest rates for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Denver.
Get cheaper Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Denver with discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Kia can qualify you for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, driver’s education, accident-free, multiple policy, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include good student, homeowner, business and professional, alternative fuel, distant student, and multi-car.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, air bags, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and military active duty.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including safe driver, student away at school, anti-theft, group or association, anti-lock brakes, and paperless.
- The Hartford discounts include vehicle fuel type, bundle, air bag, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, driver training, good student, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- USAA offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, annual mileage, good student, military installation, safe driver, family discount, and driver training.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Denver, click here.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest car insurance rates.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower rates.
The items below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your rates.
- Insurance rates and vehicle performance – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your rates. Since the Kia Optima Hybrid falls in the passenger car class, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live in Denver. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Lower stress equals lower rates – Occupations like military generals, police officers, and dentists tend to have the highest rates due to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, careers like farmers, students and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- Combine policies and save money – Most major companies give a discount to policyholders that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare other Denver Optima Hybrid insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Frequent auto insurance claims will cost more – If you file a lot of claims don’t be surprised to see either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Colorado award the best rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Kia Optima Hybrid claim statistics – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
Kia Optima Hybrid Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Optima Hybrid 143 115 116 139 158 151
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need special coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Local agents and auto insurance
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent. Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have a local agent.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
If you are wanting to find a local Denver insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they operate. Auto insurance agents in Denver are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can do a good job, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. They are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Denver exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get some free quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below are Denver independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Kia, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Kia. It will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Quote. Compare. Save.
We covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Denver auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Lower-priced car insurance in Denver can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)