Are you researching more competitive Mazda RX-8 insurance in Denver? No one gets a kick out of paying for car insurance, especially when they are aware that they could find better rates elsewhere.
It’s hard to believe, but a large majority of car insurance policyholders have been with the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. Denver insurance shoppers can cut their rates by nearly 35% a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates and save money. Many car insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to get the best price available on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Denver.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons periodically because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best deal on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Denver a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the easiest way to save on car insurance.
Finding a better price on car insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes to compare rates online from several insurance companies.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to call or drive to different agent offices. The ability to get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the professional advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX-8 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$364||$726||$456||$28||$136||$1,710||$143|
|RX-8 Grand Touring 4-Dr Coupe||$390||$620||$460||$28||$138||$1,636||$136|
|RX-8 R3 4-Dr Coupe||$162||$324||$330||$20||$98||$934||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact rates substantially.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Mazda RX-8 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper Mazda RX-8 insurance in Denver with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but some discounts are required to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids living away from Denver attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Denver auto insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- GEICO discounts include good student, anti-theft, daytime running lights, defensive driver, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- USAA offers discounts including defensive driver, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, good student, new vehicle, driver training, and military installation.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- American Family has savings for bundled insurance, good student, air bags, early bird, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, and accident-free.
- Esurance may offer discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, renters, safety device, good student, DriveSense, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for early shopping, switch companies, homeowner, multi-car, bundle discounts, youthful driver, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, multiple policy, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
If you want the cheapest Mazda RX-8 rate quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not apply in Denver. To choose insurers that offer some of these discounts in Denver, click here.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices. Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but some are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Increase deductibles to save – Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Mazda. A few examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Always keep your policy in place – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a guaranteed way to increase your auto insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you fines and jail time. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Colorado DMV.
- Tickets drive up premiums – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Just one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Stress out and pay more – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers such as military generals, architects and miners generally have higher premium rates in part from high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, jobs like scientists, athletes and retirees receive lower rates.
- Lower rates for married couples – Being married may save some money on auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
A small number of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Denver who will return price quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local Denver insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Denver may be either exclusive or independent. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out the differences since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Denver willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Denver that can give you rate quotes.
Car insurance advertisements
Colorado drivers can’t avoid all the ads that promise big savings for switching from companies such as Allstate and Progressive. All the ads convey the message about savings if you change your car insurance policy to them.
But how can every company cost less than your current company? Here is the trick they use.
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer they prefer to insure. For instance, this type of risk profile might be described as over age 30, has no tickets, and has a short commute. Anybody who meets those qualifications will get low rates and will also pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don’t qualify for this ideal profile will be quoted higher rates with the end result being the customer buying from a different company. Company advertisements say “drivers that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can make claims that they all have the best prices. This illustrates why you should do a rate comparison at every renewal. It’s just not possible to know which company will have the best premium rates at this point in time.
Be persistent to save money
Discount Mazda RX-8 insurance in Denver is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to quote Denver auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not offer online price quotes and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to shop for Mazda RX-8 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Denver auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional car insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Denver Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Denver? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)