Overpriced Nissan Leaf insurance in Denver can sap your monthly budget and require stricter spending habits.
It’s hard to believe, but about 70% of customers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Denver drivers could save nearly 35% every year, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they bought a different policy. Consumers have many insurers to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to find a good deal for Nissan Leaf insurance in Denver.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Claim Free – Denver drivers who stay claim-free get the best car insurance rates as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow their company to look at driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, multiple policy, student away at school, good driver, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, air bags, daytime running lights, membership and employees, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate discounts include new car, passive restraint, premier discount, early signing, EZ pay plan discount, eSmart discount, and teenSMART discount.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-theft, homeowner, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and drive less.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, renewal discount, multi-policy, 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and youthful driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, multi-policy, good driver, education and occupation, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
Before buying, ask all the companies how you can save money. A few discounts may not be offered in your area.
Cutting your Denver car insurance rates is not rocket science. You just have to invest a little time comparing rate quotes from some recommended companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to make phone calls or go to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to quote Nissan Leaf insurance online makes this process obsolete unless your situation requires the professional abilities of a licensed agent. Although, it is possible price shop your coverage online but buy the policy through an agent.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Quote Nissan Leaf Insurance More Affordably
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that are used to determine your premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower rates.
Save by staying claim free – If you file a lot of claims you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Colorado provide the lowest premiums to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Driver age impacts prices – Older people are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.Teenage drivers have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
Getting married pays dividends – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and term life insurance are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
Nissan Leaf claim probability – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more to insure. The table below shows the insurance loss data for Nissan Leaf vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Leaf Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Leaf Electric||89||84||45||83||64||76|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but buy from a local Denver insurance agency
Some people still like to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Denver who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to your email. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an provider shouldn’t rely on just the price. Any agent in Denver should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Denver?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- If they are an independent agency in Denver, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan Leaf in Denver, maintaining insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Nissan gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Colorado overpays as much as $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
In the end, you can save money
In this article, we covered many ideas to reduce Nissan Leaf insurance premium rates online in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. They often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Denver is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Denver agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
Additional learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)