Do you want a faster way to compare more competitive Pontiac Solstice insurance in Denver? Pretty sure you bought an expensive car insurance policy? You’re in good company because many Denver consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
It’s hard to fathom, but 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. Colorado drivers could save an average of almost 35% each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy. With consumers having so many choices for buying lower-cost insurance for a Pontiac Solstice in Denver, it can be hard to pick the lowest cost company.
It’s a good habit to check car insurance prices on a regular basis because rates change quite often. Just because you had the best deal on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Denver on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the quickest ways to find lower rates on car insurance.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Denver is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies participate in a system to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is give them some information such as the type of vehicles you drive, what your job is, how you use your vehicles, and driver details. Those rating factors is then submitted to many of the top insurers and they return quotes with very little delay.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Denver, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Protect your Solstice and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Denver, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac Solstice has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Pontiac but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Pontiac gets damaged, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying over $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Pontiac Solstice insurance discounts in Denver
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all possible discounts very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Denver auto insurance online.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
- MetLife may include discounts for good student, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, multiple autos, student away at school, multiple policy, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for good student, good driver, multi-car, age of vehicle, location of vehicle, professional/association, and ease of repair.
- 21st Century discounts include teen driver, driver training, student driver, good student, air bags, and 55 and older.
- Allstate includes discounts for farm vehicle, auto/life discount, passive restraint, new car, and good payer.
If you need affordable Denver auto insurance quotes, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Denver. To find car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Colorado, click this link.
Local Denver insurance agents
Some people still like to talk to a local agent. Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Denver who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is there a local claims center in Denver?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
If you want a local Denver insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Denver agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference between them since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Denver who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Below are Denver independent insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
If you feel you receive acceptable answers to all your questions and a good coverage price, you may have just found an insurance agency that can be trusted to provide auto insurance coverage.
Insurance agents can help
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Pontiac Solstice is totaled?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Shop smart and save
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your Pontiac Solstice insurance car insurance rates in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Denver auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Denver is definitely available both online in addition to many Denver insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high prices, unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal and extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much are Denver Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Denver? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)