How many times have you said it’s time to compare more affordable car insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver drivers have lots of choices when trying to find low-cost Volkswagen e-Golf insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to shop for car insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for your Volkswagen and locate the lowest possible price from Denver insurance agents and online providers.
You should take the time to compare premium rates once or twice a year since insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best price on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Denver a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to find better coverage on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Denver at a better price.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find big savings.
The itemized list below are some of the things companies use to determine rates.
- Lower rates with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- High deductibles equal low rates – Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Volkswagen. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Infrequent drivers can save – The more miles you rack up on your Volkswagen in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your vehicle rating is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle. A policy that improperly rates your e-Golf may be costing you higher rates.
- Men pay higher costs – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. Women and men tend to get into fender benders at about the same rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. They also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Volkswagen e-Golf has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
- Your career may increase premiums – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupational choices like real estate brokers, executives and miners tend to have the highest rates because of job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other careers like professors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
Finding more affordable Denver insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. Drivers just need to take time to get quotes to find out which insurance company has low cost Denver auto insurance quotes.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Insuring your Volkswagen vehicle just makes sense
Even though Denver e-Golf insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Volkswagen e-Golf with a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your Volkswagen but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Affordable Denver car insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Volkswagen can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount shop Denver auto insurance on the internet.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you low cost Volkswagen e-Golf insurance.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
If you would like to view car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Colorado, click this link.
Car insurance is available from local agents
A lot of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is still important in Denver.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that can provide free Denver auto insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork because prices are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Denver
When finding a local Denver insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Denver are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can do a good job, but we need to point out the differences since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different car insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you contact several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Denver that can possibly get you rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Lloyd Pro Group Agency
1400 S Columbine St – Denver, CO 80210 – (970) 230-3020 – View Map
- Westwood Insurance
57 W Alameda Ave – Denver, CO 80223 – (303) 722-2841 – View Map
- Alliance General Insurance Agency
2696 CO-2 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 377-1172 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Many people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive agencies in Denver willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance Agent Mike
I-25 – Denver, CO 80231 – (303) 752-2900 – View Map
- Tammy Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 Tower Rd Unit 101 – Denver, CO 80249 – (303) 373-9500 – View Map
- Austin Domsch – State Farm Insurance Agent
400 S Colorado Blvd #890 – Denver, CO 80246 – (303) 321-0895 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Any agent in Denver should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How long has their agency been open in Denver?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Quote often and quote early
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
Some insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent agents. Affordable Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Denver is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
Much more information about insurance in Colorado can be found at the links below
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Denver? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)