Are you sick and tired of paying out the nose to pay your auto insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as many other Colorado consumers.
A study showed that the majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many consumers in the U.S. can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes. Companies like Allstate and Progressive all claim big savings with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s important to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because auto insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Volkswagen Passat insurance in Denver last year you will most likely find a better price today. There are a lot of ways to save on Passat insurance on the internet, but in this article, you’re going to get some excellent ideas to find cheap auto insurance in Denver.
If you have insurance now or just want to reduce your rates, you will benefit by learning to find better prices without reducing coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Denver is easy if you know what you’re doing. You just need to learn the quickest way to get comparison quotes on the web.
The majority of larger companies allow you to get coverage prices online. Getting online rates for Volkswagen Passat insurance in Denver is quite simple as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire on the page. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price. This makes comparing rates easy, and it is important to do this if you want to find lower-cost car insurance pricing.
To compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This ensures you will receive a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Passat Komfort Station Wagon||$184||$332||$304||$18||$92||$930||$78|
|Passat Komfort 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$644||$352||$20||$106||$1,464||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can affect price quotes greatly.
Raise deductibles and save
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Volkswagen Passat yearly insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Earn discounts on Denver car insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every discount very clearly, so below is a list both the well known as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your bill.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Passat can be considerably cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Denver. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with significant discounts in Colorado, click here.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Many things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- Lower comp and collision deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and damage from wind. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in less populated areas has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas regularly have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance level of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Since the Volkswagen Passat falls in the compact car class, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower compared to average rates in Denver. The lowest performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- How do annual miles impact prices? – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated Passat can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Gender impacts rates – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes cause accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Lots of insurance companies afford a discount to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Married drivers pay lower prices – Having a significant other can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. It is viewed as being more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Volkswagen Passat historical loss data – Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the loss history for Volkswagen Passat vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
Volkswagen Passat Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Passat 101 99 99 111 113 102
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to talk to an insurance agent
Many drivers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Denver that provide free Denver auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How long has their agency been open in Denver?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you need to find a local Denver insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they operate. Agents in Denver are considered either independent or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Denver who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below are Denver independent insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
If you feel you receive good feedback to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can provide insurance coverage.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is my Volkswagen Passat covered if I use it for business?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Volkswagen Passat insurance rates online in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Denver auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Denver auto insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company. Regional companies can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional car insurance information can be read at these links:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Denver Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)