How long has it been since the last time you looked for more competitive insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver consumers have a choice when looking for the lowest priced Volkswagen Touareg insurance. You can either spend your time driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to compare insurance rates so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Volkswagen and find the lowest possible price from Denver insurance agents and online providers.
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates periodically because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Denver two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to find out one of the best ways to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Best companies for affordable Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Touareg 3 Turbo Diesel AWD 4-Dr||$182||$402||$396||$24||$118||$1,122||$94|
|Touareg 3.6 AWD 4-Dr||$266||$528||$338||$20||$100||$1,252||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can revise coverage rates noticeably.
Does full coverage make sense?
The chart below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Touareg yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Touareg replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Reckless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders can increase Volkswagen Touareg car insurance costs for each different age group. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Don’t overlook these Volkswagen Touareg insurance discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- College Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Touareg insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Denver auto insurance online.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
Larger insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-vehicle, safe driver, 55 and retired, good student, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, safe vehicle, good driver, multiple policy, good student, and student away at school.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate has savings for good payer, defensive driver, resident student, premier plus, FullPay discount, anti-lock brakes, and senior citizen.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for defensive driving, easy pay, anti-theft, business or organization, good student, Farm Bureau membership, and family plan.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To choose companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Denver, click this link.
Informed Drivers Save Every Year
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may reward you with cheaper rates. Many things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- City traffic equals higher costs – Having an address in less populated areas is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents. People who live in big cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
- Bad credit will cost you – A driver’s credit score can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volkswagen Touareg by repairing your credit. People with good credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Physical damage deductibles – The deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be rearending another vehicle, fire damage, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- A policy lapse can increase prices – Driving any period of time without insurance is a misdemeanor and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce rates – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Volkswagen Touareg statistical loss data – Insurers use historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Volkswagen Touareg vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Volkswagen Touareg Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Touareg 4dr 4WD 131 115 133 56 65 87
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What are the best liability limits?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Local agents and insurance
A lot of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is you can get cheap insurance rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Denver who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Denver should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Denver?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
Shown below are Denver auto insurance companies that can give you price quote information for Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Denver.
- Allstate Insurance: K.D. Sakraida
1932 W 33rd Ave – Denver, CO 80211 – (303) 433-2094 – View Map
- Moody Insurance Agency
8055 E Tufts Ave #1000 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 824-6600 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance Agent Mike
I-25 – Denver, CO 80231 – (303) 752-2900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Charles F. Simmons
797 S Pearl St – Denver, CO 80209 – (303) 722-0191 – View Map
How much can you save?
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests or delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Denver can be purchased on the web and with local Denver insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers work with independent agents.
When searching for low cost Denver auto insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Denver? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)