Trying to find low-cost insurance for a Dodge Durango in Colorado could be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Dodge and get the lowest possible price.
It’s important to price shop coverage on a regular basis because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best price on Dodge Durango insurance in Denver a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. You can find a lot of wrong information about Durango insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to lower your car insurance premiums.
Choosing the best rates in Denver is not that difficult. If you’re already insured or are looking for a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Shoppers only need an understanding of the best way to compare insurance rates instantly.
Discount Denver auto insurance quotes
Some insurers do not list all possible discounts very well, so the following is a list of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Denver car insurance quote when compared with bad drivers.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To view insurance companies with the best Dodge Durango insurance discounts in Denver in Denver, click this link.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand most of the larger companies participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as how much education you have, if the vehicle is leased, if it has an alarm system, and if you are currently licensed. Your insurance information is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
To get price quotes for your Dodge Durango now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Denver.
The following companies provide quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Is my Dodge Durango covered if I use it for business?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Denver auto insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Denver who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How long has their agency been open in Denver?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- What company do they have the most business with?
If you want a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they work. Agencies in Denver are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the differences because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Denver exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Rick Emerson Jr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
4800 Happy Canyon Rd #230 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 781-1133 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Paul Novak
3900 E Mexico Ave # 105 – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 320-7859 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Abbie Davis Tanner Agency Inc
2855 Speer Blvd Suite D – Denver, CO 80211 – (303) 333-0205 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you check rates from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Denver that can give you rate quotes.
- Henry Ham Agency, Inc
645 E Evans Ave – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 744-1341 – View Map
- Madison Insurance Group
600 S Cherry St #900 – Denver, CO 80246 – (800) 636-6185 – View Map
- Bonnie Brae Insurance
179 S Colorado Blvd – Denver, CO 80246 – (303) 321-9300 – View Map
One last note
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Affordable Dodge Durango insurance in Denver can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to quote Denver car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Denver, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)