How long has it been since you shopped around for more affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Denver? No normal person is fond of buying car insurance, especially when they are aware that they are paying too much.
It’s amazing but over 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. U.S. insurance shoppers could save an average of up to 46.5% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
There is such a variety of insurers to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, it makes it harder to compare company pricing for Dodge Ram insurance in Denver.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes yearly due to the fact that insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Dodge Ram insurance in Denver at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn the best methods to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
We hope to teach you a little about the best ways to compare prices and some money-saving tips. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you should be able to save money using this information. But Colorado drivers must comprehend the way companies set your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
First Step: Get free Dodge Ram insurance quotes
When comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons will enable you to find more affordable rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Denver Ram insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get quotes from them as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$130||$196||$374||$22||$112||$834||$70|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$162||$282||$416||$24||$124||$1,008||$84|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$300||$526||$480||$28||$144||$1,478||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$162||$296||$448||$26||$134||$1,066||$89|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$264||$448||$448||$26||$134||$1,320||$110|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$284||$368||$520||$30||$156||$1,358||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$294||$536||$416||$24||$124||$1,394||$116|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$298||$448||$404||$24||$122||$1,296||$108|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$306||$458||$396||$24||$118||$1,302||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$182||$332||$448||$26||$134||$1,122||$94|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$328||$608||$516||$30||$154||$1,636||$136|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$342||$538||$396||$24||$118||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$296||$546||$382||$22||$114||$1,360||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$292||$534||$374||$22||$112||$1,334||$111|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$216||$370||$382||$22||$114||$1,104||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$332||$528||$404||$24||$122||$1,410||$118|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$192||$312||$408||$24||$122||$1,058||$88|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$296||$546||$382||$22||$114||$1,360||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$192||$360||$408||$24||$122||$1,106||$92|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$342||$620||$396||$24||$118||$1,500||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can affect premiums substantially.
Lower-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Denver
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some must be manually applied before being credited.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get reduced rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Denver car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a specific time period.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to view providers offering auto insurance discounts in Colorado, click this link.
How Insurance Providers Determine Dodge Ram Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you better insurance rates. Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Always keep your coverage in place – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Your gender affects prices – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce premiums – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop auto theft.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The higher the miles on your Dodge every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. An improperly rated Ram may be costing you higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating correctly shows the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Premiums are affected by your credit rating – Having a bad credit rating factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Ram by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit.
- Extra coverages can add up – Policies have additional extra coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and membership fees are some examples. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Insurance is expensive for youthful drivers – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.Teen drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Single vs. married – Having a spouse may save some money on your policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Local insurance agents
Many people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important particularly in Denver.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to companies in Denver who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When finding a good Denver insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents that you can select. Agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparison shopping, we recommend you contact at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following are Denver independent insurance agents that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave – Denver, CO 80220 – (303) 320-4901 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are Denver exclusive agents willing to provide price quotes.
Tammy Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 Tower Rd Unit 101 – Denver, CO 80249 – (303) 373-9500 – View Map
Caramel Russell-Rouse – State Farm Insurance Agent
999 S Monaco Pkwy #200 – Denver, CO 80224 – (303) 424-0420 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your car insurance policy.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- When should I not file a claim?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read a lot of ways to save on Dodge Ram insurance in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Denver? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)