Are you sick of overpaying and want cheaper insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver shoppers have a choice when shopping for affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to compare prices or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Ford and find the lowest possible price from Denver insurance agents and online providers.
It’s hard to fathom, but most insurance buyers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Most drivers in Colorado could save almost 35% every year, but they think it’s difficult to go online and compare rates.
It’s a great practice to check insurance prices on a regular basis since prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best price on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Denver a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of information about C-Max Energi insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn some great ideas on how to quit paying high insurance rates in Denver.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want cheaper coverage, you can use these techniques to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. The purpose of this article is to help you learn how insurance works and also pocket some savings Drivers just have to use how to compare prices online from multiple companies.
Learn How to Get Auto Insurance Cheaper
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in big savings.
Listed below are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- What type of car, truck or SUV do you drive? – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest rates are usually found on the lowest performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Since the Ford C-Max Energi is classified as a crossover, insurance will be slightly more when compared to the average rates in Denver.
- Does your employer raise your premiums? – Careers such as fire fighters, police officers, and emergency personnel usually pay the highest rates due to high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers such as scientists, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Your liability protection limits – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- High comp and collision deductibles save money – The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Many insurance companies make it easy to get pricing direct online. Comparing prices online for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Denver is quite easy because you just enter your personal and coverage information on the page. Once you submit the form, their system gets your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on many factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will have a fair comparison for similar coverage.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance in Colorado serves several purposes
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Denver, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current C-Max Energi insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a safe driver class could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts as much as 30%.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Some of the larger companies that may include most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply in Denver. For a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Denver, click here.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Denver insurance agencies?
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Denver.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Denver who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
When finding a local Denver insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Denver who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
44 Cook St #100 – Denver, CO 80206 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
- Henry Ham Agency, Inc
645 E Evans Ave – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 744-1341 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lloyd Pro Group Agency
1400 S Columbine St – Denver, CO 80210 – (970) 230-3020 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes use the same agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Denver exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Paul Novak
3900 E Mexico Ave # 105 – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 320-7859 – View Map
- Bob Chapman – State Farm Insurance Agent
2335 E Evans Ave – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 777-3005 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Greg Delgado
2839 Wyandot St – Denver, CO 80211 – (720) 588-4111 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Colorado?
- Is there a local claims center in Denver?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Denver?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
How much can you save?
A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers work with independent agencies. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Denver can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
We’ve covered many ways to reduce Ford C-Max Energi insurance rates online in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Denver auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available by following these links:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Denver Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Denver? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)