Trying to come up with a payment for expensive insurance can overdraw your personal savings and force you to make sacrifices. Doing a price comparison can help to tighten up your finances.
Shockingly, most consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in Colorado could save an average of 35% each year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Because you have many choices of insurance companies that have cheaper insurance for a GMC Envoy in Denver, it is very difficult to locate a lower cost insurance provider.
It’s smart to compare rates as often as possible because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best deal on GMC Envoy insurance in Denver at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the quickest ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Companies offering GMC Envoy insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Lower-cost Denver auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer very well, so the following is a list of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates in comparison to bad drivers.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with some auto insurance companies.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Denver auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Denver auto insurance quote.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your premiums.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include bundle discounts, good student, pay in full, early shopping, business and professional, distant student, and teen driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, federal employee, seat belt use, and good student.
- Esurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, emergency road assistance, claim free, online shopper, safety device, and online quote.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safety rewards, safe driver, drive less, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and homeowner.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, anti-theft, passive restraint, good student, and multiple autos.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Denver. To view insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Denver, click this link.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Many things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are not as apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Premiums are affected by your credit rating – An insured’s credit history is a large factor in determining premium rates. If your credit rating is low, you may save money insuring your GMC Envoy by improving your credit score. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have poor credit.
- Auto insurance policy lapses increase auto insurance rates – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse can be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department.
- Being married equates to better prices – Being married actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Inexpensive frequent insurance claims are not good – If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Colorado generally give most affordable rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Commute or pleasure use – The higher the miles on your GMC in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your Envoy is throwing money out the window. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet reflects the proper vehicle usage.
- Bad drivers pay high prices – Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Even a single citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have received severe violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Lower rates by increasing comp and collision deductibles – Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
Independent and exclusive car insurance agents
Some people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower prices and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that provide free Denver auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Denver?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What discounts might you be missing?
When researching a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance policy providers are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are trained well on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Denver who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Denver that are able to give rate quotes.
Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave – Denver, CO 80220 – (303) 320-4901 – View Map
Once you have acceptable answers to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Persistence pays off
When getting Denver auto insurance quotes online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read many tips how you can get a better price on GMC Envoy insurance in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Additional information can be read below:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)