Looking for lower-priced Ford Explorer insurance in Denver? No sane person gets a kick out of paying for auto insurance, especially when they know they could find better prices if they shop around.
It’s astonishing, but a large majority of drivers in Colorado have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. U.S. drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Because there are so many online and local companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to pick a more affordable insurance company.
It’s important to compare prices quite often since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the lowest rate on Ford Explorer insurance in Denver a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the proper way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Denver is really not that difficult. Basically, anyone who is shopping for auto insurance should be able to find better rates. Nevertheless, Colorado drivers should learn the methods companies use to compete online because rates fluctuate considerably.
The fastest way that we advise to get policy rate comparisons for Ford Explorer insurance in Denver is to realize most insurance companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is give them some information such as your occupation, any included safety features, if your license is active, and whether you have decent credit. That rating data is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
To find the cheapest Ford Explorer insurance rates, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Denver, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer XLT 2WD||$144||$232||$396||$24||$118||$914||$76|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$260||$440||$396||$24||$118||$1,238||$103|
|Explorer XLT 4WD||$266||$432||$426||$26||$128||$1,278||$107|
|Explorer XLT AWD||$272||$376||$352||$20||$106||$1,126||$94|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$162||$296||$396||$24||$118||$996||$83|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$306||$458||$352||$20||$106||$1,242||$104|
|Explorer Limited 2WD||$242||$362||$358||$22||$108||$1,092||$91|
|Explorer Limited 4WD||$148||$244||$338||$20||$100||$850||$71|
|Explorer Limited AWD||$294||$536||$368||$22||$110||$1,330||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can affect coverage prices noticeably.
Impact of age and gender on car insurance rates
The example below compares Ford Explorer insurance prices for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Protect more than your Ford vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Explorer in Denver, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford Explorer, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Ford Explorer but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $850 per year so we recommend shopping around every year to save money.
Get cheaper Ford Explorer insurance rates in Denver
Some insurers don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with a few insurance companies.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company you could save up to 20% off your total Explorer insurance premium.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next insurance statement.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a course teaching defensive driving skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Student in College – Youth drivers living away from Denver attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Mercury Insurance has savings for low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, anti-theft, multi-policy, location of vehicle, annual mileage, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for bundle discounts, early shopping, distant student, alternative fuel, and switch companies.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include 55 and retired, multi-policy, driver training, multi-vehicle, good student, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, multiple policy, good driver, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Allstate may include discounts for 55 and retired, multi-policy, senior citizen, premier discount, FullPay discount, auto/life discount, and new car.
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, good student, air bags, federal employee, military active duty, and multi-vehicle.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not apply to policies in every state.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Denver auto insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Denver that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
If you want to buy insurance from a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Denver exclusive insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Denver that are able to give price quotes.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Who is covered when they drive my Ford Explorer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
You just learned a lot of tips how to compare Ford Explorer insurance prices in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Denver car insurance, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Denver car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Some insurance providers don’t offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Denver can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Denver, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
More information can be read at the links below
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Denver Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)