Want a free price quotes on the cheapest insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver consumers have a choice when looking for the lowest priced Ford Flex insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Ford and find the cheapest rates either online or from Denver insurance agents.
You should make it a habit to check insurance prices at least once a year because prices change frequently. Even if you got the best rate on Ford Flex insurance in Denver six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the proper way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Low-cost car insurance in Denver, CO
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Flex SE 2WD||$264||$472||$396||$24||$118||$1,274||$106|
|Flex SEL 2WD||$330||$630||$358||$22||$108||$1,448||$121|
|Flex SEL AWD||$364||$726||$456||$28||$136||$1,710||$143|
|Flex Limited 2WD||$204||$332||$358||$22||$108||$1,024||$85|
|Flex Limited AWD||$390||$538||$460||$28||$138||$1,554||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can affect premiums greatly.
Car insurance cost for men versus women in Denver
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Ford Flex car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Ten discounts for lower-cost insurance rates
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Denver could earn you a nice discount on insurance.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Flex can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- College Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies will give a small break simply for signing on the web.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance carriers give better premium rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-car, pay-in-full, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, distant student, alternative fuel, good student, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, and homeowner.
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, federal employee, driver training, good student, and emergency military deployment.
- Esurance has savings for Switch & Save, claim free, safety device, renters, paid-in-full, and online quote.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and drive less.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, multiple policy, driver’s education, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
Double check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area.
Insurance agencies can help
A lot of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is definitely important in Denver.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to participating agents in Denver who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they function. Denver agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning why they differ since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Denver who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- American Home Insurance Agency
7505 E Harvard Ave – Denver, CO 80231 – (888) 325-8108 – View Map
- Henry Ham Agency, Inc
645 E Evans Ave – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 744-1341 – View Map
- Madison Insurance Group
600 S Cherry St #900 – Denver, CO 80246 – (800) 636-6185 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Denver willing to provide price quotes.
- State Farm: Charles Insurance Agency
1165 S Broadway #114 – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 777-7161 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: K.D. Sakraida
1932 W 33rd Ave – Denver, CO 80211 – (303) 433-2094 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eddie W. Pacheco
6200 E Yale Ave – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 788-0777 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
After receiving positive responses to your questions and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets the criteria to service your policy.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Colorado drivers can’t avoid all the ads that promise big savings by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads convey the message about savings if you move your auto insurance coverage to their company.
How does each company save you money on Ford Flex insurance in Denver? Here is the trick they use.
Different companies require specific criteria for a prospective insured that will generate a profit. A good example of a desirable insured could possibly be over the age of 45, has had continuous coverage, and does not commute to work. Anyone who matches that profile will probably get cheap prices and is almost guaranteed to save some money.
Consumers who do not fit this stringent profile may be required to pay a higher rate which results in business going elsewhere. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much when switching. That’s why insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote.
This really illustrates why drivers should compare free Denver auto insurance quotes often. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Ford Flex insurance in Denver.
Auto insurance policy specifics
Having a good grasp of auto insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like EMT expenses, pain medications and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability coverages – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/15 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Ford Flex.
Since many Colorado drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like vandalism, a broken windshield, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Flex in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Cover all your bases
Cheaper Ford Flex insurance in Denver can be sourced online and with local Denver insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don’t offer online rate quotes and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
When searching for affordable Ford Flex insurance quotes, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like high prices, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal and delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is easier than you think.
More tips and info about car insurance is located by following these links:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Denver Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)