Are you researching low-cost Ford Freestyle insurance in Denver? Did you come to the realization that you have overpriced Ford Freestyle insurance in Denver? Believe me when I say there are many Denver consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
Unfortunately, a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Colorado insurance shoppers can cut their rates by about $605 a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
People have so many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest rates for Ford Freestyle insurance in Denver.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices at least once a year because auto insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes on Ford Freestyle insurance in Denver last year you can probably find a better rate now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to quote online to find great coverage at a great price.
Best companies for low-cost Ford Freestyle insurance in Colorado
The following companies provide quotes in Denver, CO. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Don’t overlook these Ford Freestyle insurance discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list every discount available very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Denver auto insurance online.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for switching companies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount should help lower the premium cost.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Colorado, click here.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Ford Freestyle Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates. Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Policy lapses raise rates – Driving without insurance can get you a ticket and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Know your credit rating – Your credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. So if your credit rating could use some work, you may save money insuring your Ford Freestyle by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings.
- Limits of liability – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection if ever you are determined to be liable for an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Good drivers pay less – Even one citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Your car’s features help determine auto insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop your car from being stolen.
Car insurance agents can help
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is still important in Denver.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Denver that can provide free Denver auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
The following is a short list of auto insurance companies in Denver that can give you rate quotes for Ford Freestyle insurance in Denver.
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Denver should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does their agency support local causes in Denver?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Compare but don’t skimp
When getting Denver auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Ford Freestyle insurance auto insurance rates in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance in Denver is definitely available both online and with local Denver insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional information can be found below:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)