No car owner likes having to buy insurance, especially when the price is too high.
A recent survey discovered that a large majority of insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted insurance rates at all. Drivers in Colorado could save themselves about 35% a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to compare company pricing for Honda Ridgeline insurance in Denver.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes occasionally because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes on Honda Ridgeline insurance in Denver a couple years back a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to quote online to find great coverage at a great price.
This information will teach you how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. If you are already insured, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques covered below. Drivers just have to learn the quickest method to compare insurance rates online.
Companies offering cheap Honda Ridgeline price quotes in Denver, CO
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Denver, CO. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ridgeline RT 4WD||$212||$416||$516||$30||$154||$1,328||$111|
|Ridgeline RTS 4WD||$294||$536||$448||$26||$134||$1,438||$120|
|Ridgeline RTL 4WD||$294||$630||$416||$24||$124||$1,488||$124|
|Ridgeline RTL W/Navigation 4WD||$146||$282||$374||$22||$112||$936||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise premiums substantially.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The example below visualizes the comparison of Honda Ridgeline car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cheaper Denver auto insurance quotes with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles could earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to spy on vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- American Family offers premium reductions for TimeAway discount, accident-free, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, good student, youthful driver, multi-policy, renewal discount, and driver training.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, good driver, defensive driving training, passive restraint, anti-theft, and good student.
- Travelers has discounts for multi-car, good student, home ownership, new car, early quote, continuous insurance, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, federal employee, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
If you need affordable Denver car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best Honda Ridgeline insurance discounts in Denver, follow this link.
Buy Lower-cost Car Insurance with These Tips
It’s important that you understand some of the things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower premium levels.
Listed below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Lots of insurers apply lower prices to buyers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Why do you need liability insurance? – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Save by driving less – The more you drive your Honda in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your Ridgeline may be costing you. Make sure your car insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage.
- Choose high safety ratings and save – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Honda Ridgeline has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
- More performance means higher rates – The type of car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a big difference in your rates. The lowest rates will generally be found on lower cost passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Because the Honda Ridgeline is classified as a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price as compared to the average rate in Denver.
It’s not one size fits all
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What is glass protection for?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Colorado minimum liability coverage?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Getting quotes from local Denver insurance agencies
Many people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agents is still important in Denver.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Denver that can provide free Denver car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agencies can be described as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning the differences because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Denver that can give you free car insurance quotes.
57 W Alameda Ave – Denver, CO 80223 – (303) 722-2841 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are Denver exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Denver?
Auto insurance savings promises
Colorado consumers can’t get away from ads for auto insurance savings from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to advertise claims about savings if you switch your auto insurance coverage to their company.
It sounds good, but how can they all give you a lower rate on Honda Ridgeline insurance in Denver? It’s all in the words they use.
Most companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. One example of a desirable risk may need to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has had continuous coverage, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any customer that hits that “sweet spot” will get low prices and have a good chance to save if they switch.
Potential customers who are not a match for the requirements may be forced to pay higher rates which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you pay attention, the ads say “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much when switching. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
This really illustrates why drivers should get as many free Denver car insurance quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Quote often and quote early
We just showed you many ways to shop for Honda Ridgeline insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Honda Ridgeline insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
As you quote Denver car insurance, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Additional auto insurance information is available at the links below
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)