Do you need a better way to compare lower-priced Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Denver? Frustrated by the number of car insurance providers available to you? Lot’s of other drivers are too. Consumers have such a vast assortment of providers available that it can easily become a difficult situation to find the best prices for Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Denver. Lots of people think Denver is a great place to live, but inflated car insurance rates can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to pay other bills every month.
It’s astonishing, but over 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Colorado consumers could save up to 35% each year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
It’s important to price shop coverage quite often because car insurance rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Denver a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Santa Fe insurance out there, but I’m going to show you some great ways to find affordable car insurance in Denver.
The are a couple different ways to compare prices from many available auto insurance companies in Colorado. The fastest way to comparison shop consists of obtaining rate quotes online. Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates will increase your chances of finding lower pricing. Some companies don’t provide rate quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare rates from them as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Santa Fe GLS 2WD||$142||$282||$358||$22||$108||$912||$76|
|Santa Fe GLS 4WD||$130||$244||$338||$20||$100||$832||$69|
|Santa Fe SE 2WD||$344||$546||$460||$28||$138||$1,516||$126|
|Santa Fe Limited 2WD||$252||$434||$460||$28||$138||$1,312||$109|
|Santa Fe SE 4WD||$216||$500||$426||$26||$128||$1,296||$108|
|Santa Fe Limited 4WD||$162||$332||$396||$24||$118||$1,032||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can revise prices significantly.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The example below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Santa Fe premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Poor driving habits will raise your car insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can affect Hyundai Santa Fe insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Hyundai Santa Fe annual premium costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cheaper rates on Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Denver with these discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Denver can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and GEICO permit an accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your policy.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your overall premium however.
The best auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- Travelers offers premium reductions for driver training, multi-car, save driver, home ownership, and early quote.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include homeowners, student driver, driver training, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, good driver, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, driver training, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, multi-car, safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA may include discounts for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, and good student.
Before buying, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your state. To view providers that offer the discounts shown above in Colorado, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Denver auto insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is definitely important in Denver.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Denver that provide free Denver auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Insurance agent types
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Denver agents may be either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
- Moschetti Michael – Isu Insurance Svc Of Co
950 17th St #1000 – Denver, CO 80202 – (303) 534-2133 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lloyd Pro Group Agency
1400 S Columbine St – Denver, CO 80210 – (970) 230-3020 – View Map
- Insurance Town and Country
1735 E 17th Ave #3 – Denver, CO 80218 – (303) 388-7216 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy from exclusive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Below are Denver exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Bob Chapman – State Farm Insurance Agent
2335 E Evans Ave – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 777-3005 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: K.D. Sakraida
1932 W 33rd Ave – Denver, CO 80211 – (303) 433-2094 – View Map
- Jack Sunahara – State Farm Insurance Agent
3525 S Tamarac Dr #160 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 779-4848 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Smart Buyers Can Lower Their Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the items used by your company to calculate your prices.
High credit history translates to low costs – Having a bad credit rating will be a significant factor in determining your rates. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with bad credit. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Hyundai Santa Fe if you clean up your credit.
Location can modify price – Choosing to live in a rural area is a good thing when it comes to car insurance. City drivers regularly have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Insurance companies don’t like frequent claims – If you frequently file small claims, you should expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Colorado provide better rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Can a thief steal your car? – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder vehicle theft.
Combining policies can get discounts – Many car insurance companies will give better rates to buyers that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Loss probability for a Hyundai Santa Fe – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher premium rate. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Hyundai Santa Fe vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Santa Fe 4dr 2WD||91||94||82||86||92||91|
|Hyundai Santa Fe 4dr 4WD||109||115||97||96||84||94|
|Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr 2WD||88||90||93||90||89||93|
|Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr 4WD||95||91||110||90||96||84|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Hyundai Santa Fe insurance, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Hyundai, most lenders will require you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $869 every year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Compare insurance prices regularly to save
When you buy Denver auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
A few companies do not provide online quoting and usually these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents. Affordable Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Denver can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)