Saving money on Dodge Nitro insurance in Denver can seem to be frustrating for beginners to online price comparisons. Drivers have so many options that it can quickly become a challenge to find cheaper prices in Colorado.
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Smart Consumers Know How to Quote Car Insurance for Less
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Single drivers take more risk – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your car insurance bill. It usually means you are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Your employer may affect rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers such as judges, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of job stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, athletes and homemakers pay the least.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Less people means less chance of accidents. Drivers who live in large Colorado cities have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
- Older drivers pay less – Young drivers in Colorado are known to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Adding a teenage driver onto your car insurance can really hurt. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
- Too many claims will drive prices up – Insurance companies in Colorado provide most affordable rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Tickets are costly – Having a single driving citation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as reckless driving or DUI may need to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Do you save by driving less? – The higher the mileage driven each year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your car insurance policy shows the correct usage for each vehicle. Improper usage on your Nitro may be costing you.
First Step: Get free Dodge Nitro insurance quotes
Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$232||$432||$480||$28||$144||$1,316||$110|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$174||$278||$408||$24||$122||$1,006||$84|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$290||$506||$516||$30||$154||$1,496||$125|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$212||$342||$516||$30||$154||$1,254||$105|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$172||$258||$382||$22||$114||$948||$79|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$272||$458||$396||$24||$118||$1,268||$106|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$170||$306||$374||$22||$112||$984||$82|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$212||$416||$516||$30||$154||$1,328||$111|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$264||$448||$404||$24||$122||$1,262||$105|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$266||$464||$382||$22||$114||$1,248||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower rates greatly.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Nitro auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Raise deductibles and save
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can change Dodge Nitro premium costs for different age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Dodge for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your Dodge Nitro and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very well, so below is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims before the accident.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
If you would like to view providers with significant discounts in Denver, click here.
Local agents and insurance
Many people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in Denver who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you directly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Denver should know the answers to these questions.
- Is there a local claims center in Denver?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How long has the business existed?
Different types of Denver auto insurance agents
When researching a reputable agency, there are a couple of different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Denver who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Denise Hoffman
535 16th St #350 – Denver, CO 80202 – (303) 628-0554 – View Map
- Val Laskowski – State Farm Insurance Agent
5353 W Dartmouth Ave #410 – Denver, CO 80227 – (303) 987-8849 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Angel Le
1145 S Federal Blvd – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 975-8911 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most can insure with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Denver who can help you get comparison quotes.
- FUSA Insurance Agency
7900 E Union Ave #200 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 752-5806 – View Map
- Henry Ham Agency, Inc
645 E Evans Ave – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 744-1341 – View Map
- Moschetti Michael – Isu Insurance Svc Of Co
950 17th St #1000 – Denver, CO 80202 – (303) 534-2133 – View Map
Do I need special coverages?
When selecting the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
One last thing about your coverage
As you quote Denver auto insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can get a better price on Dodge Nitro insurance in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- How Much are Denver Car Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)